Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sweetness with a taste of giving

Oh, I have figured out the sweetness of enjoying my children today. It was going to be a normal day of doing school and all that, but Zach called and had forgot his ID card at home so he asked if I could meet him for lunch. On the way to the base (about a 1/2 hour drive these days) I put in some children's praise music and it was so enjoyable. Little Princess knew some of the songs from choir or her Cd's. On the way back home I put in a Psalty tape that was mine when I was a kid. Oh, it was so fun! Little Princess was back in her seat trying to sing along, doing some hand motions and really enjoying the music. I was singing along just like I did when I was a kid. It was so fun! Then it hit me. This is what it is all about. Sharing times like this with my children. Singing together, praising God and having fun. Normally at that time we would have been home eating lunch and doing school, but instead we enjoyed a car ride and some praise songs. And it really struck me. So, it is my goal to do this more often in my home. Provide music time where we can listen to all these fun praise songs and let loose- dance, sing and just have some fun!


On another note about my children, God has really been showing me something lately. For a few weeks in Sunday School we talked about tithing. We do tithe our money. Of course Zach is the one making the money while I stay at home with the children. So, I was thinking of how I could 'tithe' with my staying at home. And God spoke that I need to be investing in my children daily, moment by moment, instructing them and training them in righteousness to walk in the shoes of Jesus. After all, He gave me this important role as a mother. He is the one who has laid upon my heart the task of having children, homeschooling and raising them for Him. So, I need to be giving my ALL for the sake of my children. Am I the best mother I could be? Am I being an example of Jesus to my children? Am I modeling love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness and self-control? Am I smiling at my children and enjoying them? Am I investing in their lives for eternity? This road is not easy. The daily tasks and struggles are not easy. But, I need to remember that I CAN do ALL things in Christ who STRENGTHENS me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! I agree wholeheartedly with all you just said. Every day with my kids is a gift. Thanks for sharing this insight.

Erika

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post! I loved the Psalty tapes when I was young! Music is such a great gift to enjoy and share with other people. And kids are so inclined to love music and have fun with it. So enjoy some dancing!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I saw you commented on my blog about Karen Kingsbury her pen name is Kelsey Tyler. I emailed her via her website but haven't heard anything back. God bless you,
Sarah

myboys9802 said...

You are a great, supportive, patience mom.
Your kids are so lucky to have you as you are them.

HUGS

Amie said...

I love Psalty! :D We had the time machine tape that we listened to in the van for the longest time.