Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Help from A Midwife

***May contain TMI...

So, my friend, Misty, calls me up today and asks if I thought of talking to a midwife. Never crossed my mind. She gives me the number of one and I called tonight. I talked to this lady for almost an hour. She recommended drinking water and then an enema (I have been constipated for a few days). She was the sweetest German lady and I found out that when she was in Germany alone she helped deliver over 1,000 babies (and its been more since she's been in the states)!!! Then she said she would come over to give me an enema (a mixture of water and liquid soap). Now, she lives at least 30 minutes away! It was after 9 pm! I totally didn't expect it, but she said that with being constipated it could prevent what needs to happen- contractions and all. So, this sweet lady comes and helps me out. It sure worked as far as constipation goes. Who would think, water and liquid soap? I also drank 3 big glasses of water before she arrived. So hopefully with things loosened up we'll see some progress. I just feel so blessed that she came to help me out. She gave way more information than a doctor! So lets pray that something happens soon...as if we haven't. It's just a ray of hope for me and I needed it. Thank you sweet Sabella!!! What a blessing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad that someone was able to help to feel a little better. Hang in there.

Shari

myboys9802 said...

I hope this helps!
I know you are ready to put this in the past!

HUGS

Anna said...

You know, Doctors really don't give you the information that you need, that's what nurses are for:) Best of luck with your midwife hope things progress soon, hang in there:)

DDanielle said...

That is a blessing. It is amazing that she came out to see you and helped. What doctor would do that?

Jodie said...

LOL TMI

What a sweetheart though! I like the name Sabella too.