Thursday, March 20, 2008

Recipes to Share

OK, now that I'm feeling a bit better I've been able to stomach being in the kitchen more. Thankfully! My poor husband and children lived off of Cream of Wheat, frozen pizza and boxed meals for long enough. So, in light of my return to the kitchen I have some new recipes I've found that I want to share.


The first one can be found at Kraft Food & Family. I love getting their 'cookbook' magazine! It always has new recipes to try. Today for lunch I made myself this wonderful salad. Oh, it was delicious! I think there's only a bit left over for Zach to try. He's not a big salad person, but being that its of a Mexican nature I think he'll like it.
***
Last night for dinner I made these Sloppy Joe Squares. They were so good we ate the whole pan! Princess and Little Man had seconds and Cuddly Boy (who never eats good) ate his right up! These will definitely get made again! Here's the recipe:

1 lb ground beef
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 (1.5 oz) package sloppy joe mix
1 tsp. dried onion flakes

2 (8 0z) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I always add extra cheese)
1 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)

Preheat oven to 425. Brown beef; drain and return to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Unroll 1 can crescent rolls into 13x9 in pan. Press seams together to seal. Spread beef mixture over dough and sprinkle with cheese. Unroll remaining can over cheese, pinching seams together. Brush dough with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
****
As I type this out I am enjoying Indoor S'mores. I know I've made them before with a different recipe and I thought I'd try this one in Princess' cookbook. I must admit they're pretty good!
12 graham cracker squares
3 cups chocolate chips
2 tbsp peanut butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
Put graham crackers in plastic bag. Seal and squeeze until crackers are broken into small pieces. Put chocolate chips and peanut butter in saucepan (I used the microwave), until chips are melted. Stir in graham cracker pieces and marshmallows. Spread mixture into rectangular pan. Put in refrigerator for about 1 hour or until firm. Then enjoy!
****
For dinner I'm making a chicken dish and I'm trying a new potato recipe. If I like how the potatoes turn out I will share that! It's so nice to be able to enjoy food again (although it doesn't always agree with me still at least I'm not throwing it up).
****
This weekend I made homemade lemonade. It was good. Here are my juiced up lemons and here's me enjoying a nice cold glass of fresh lemonade!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Kraft food and family is my friend too. ;)

Love the lemonade pic. :)

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Looks GOOD! I will have to try that. Boy, when you bounce back, you really bounce back, LOL!