Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday

I want some sleep. For some reason when I woke up last night at 2 to use the restroom I couldn't fall back to sleep. I finally managed to sometime after 4 and then Zach's alarm went off. I had to get up and ready 'early' as I had a dentist appointment.

I have been dealing with one little boy's sassy behavior lately. For awhile there it was a certain girl now it seems to have gotten to this boy. I guess at least it doesn't happen at the same time but I am tired of dealing with this junk! Here I've thought he's been so well-behaved lately and all of a sudden he's back to throwing fits and whining.

I am craving lettuce. With a Mexican flare. I want some sort of a taco salad. I asked Zach to pick up lettuce on the way home but he's not wanting to stop. I sure hope he does! When I have a craving I feel like I need it now!

I am trying to plan a birthday party for Princess. I need to be as frugal as possible as we just don't have extra money right now to splurge. She keeps talking of pinatas, tea parties and things of that nature but that won't happen. I'm thinking they can jump on the trampoline, we'll have a little scavenger hunt and I'm not sure what else. There will only be about 4 girls coming. I also get so tired out lately so I don't want to have something that will really drain me! I can't believe my 'baby' is going to be 8!

Silly putty has become a treasure in this house. We had some and Cuddly Boy seemed to have claimed it. He didn't want to share with anybody. Now the other two have some and they're all in putty paradise! Who would think something so cheap and simple could be so exciting? Right now CB has it on his arm as a watch! He keeps asking me what time it is! And its this very same thing that Little Man is pouting about right now- I took his away and hid it until his behavior changes and he starts to obey.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It's is amazing how kids have so much fun with the simple and inexpensive toys from long ago. My kids have more fun with a cardboard box and their imaginations then any of the toys they currently have. Makes me want to get rid of all their plastic junk toys!

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I'm with you on the frugal party thing! They get pricey! We decided with three kids (and possibly four) that they are only getting parties on "special" years. Initially it was going to be every other year, but then we paired it down to about every three years or so.

The years they don't get parties we do something really special as a family and ham it up on their "day" (no school, a trip to the zoo or the like). They really enjoy it and we do not have to entertain a bunch of other people's rugrats!

Risa said...

LOL Isn't it funny how if one kid has it the other ones want it too...no matter what it is! And it can be something as simple as silly putty! LOL

I'm right there with you on the b-day party thing...Jozie wants this and that and these girls over but it just gets too expensive! I'm sure we will just keep it small and let her invite her neighbor girl friends over for cake and a song and then playing outside...maybe! We haven't decided for sure yet!