Monday, March 31, 2008

15 Weeks

Today I'm 15 weeks. I really wanted to get to (and past) this point. It was at my 15 month appointment with Malachi that we found out he'd died. So I was a bit nervous. I even had a nightmare about it, but driving to the base it wasn't even on my mind. Although when I laid down for them to listen I think I held my breath a bit, waiting. And Zach wasn't there by that point so I was doubly nervous! But praise the LORD that we heard our precious baby's heartbeat!!!! I am SO thankful! Not like I really doubted, but I did have a twinge of fear.

I found out my doctor will be moving in June like us. I'm thankful not before as I really don't want to see anybody but him. He is so kind and I've always wondered if he were a Christian. Today he took us in his office and on the wall was a picture with a man in a bed and people standing around him- one of whom was Jesus. Another hanging had a poem of sorts that was about God. I am so blessed to have found a Christian doctor- especially in the military! He had to talk to us about the chances of the baby having down's syndrome and all, and offer the Quad Screen test, which of course we denied. It was kinda funny because he said, "Yeah I thought you would". Not in a bad way, just knowing how we believe and really respecting it.

My next appointment will be around 19 or 20 weeks- for an ultrasound!!!

Last night people at church commented on how I'm starting to get bigger. But I'm in that 'fat' stage where you don't even look pregnant yet! My shirts are getting pretty tight on me and most of my pants don't fit either.

13 comments:

Jodie said...

Yay for a heartbeat and everything going well!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!
I had a horrible miscarriage after I had my Princess and I remember all the things that went thru my mind when I was pregnant with my son. But God is good and he knows how to carry us thru:)
Children are a wonderful blessing!
Gina

Anna said...

What a relief! Glad you heard that beautiful beat:)

Anonymous said...

I knew everything was okay. Fat mama. Love you - Mom

Amie said...

Praise God!

Choppzs said...

Congrats on his/her healthy, strong heartbeat!!

Anonymous said...

jamie, i don't even know you, but your beautiful thankful list made me cry tonight. and congrats on a new miracle on the way! what a big heart you have.

Becca said...

yay! What a relief that must havce been. I hope the morning sickness is all gone for you now, too!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to hear that little gallop in your belly today!
Canaan

DDanielle said...

Praise God! I bet you were nervous I would have been.
I guess I never thought about refusing the quad screen....its not like I would have done anything about differently if it picked up on anything.
On a funny note at the end of your post I didn't see the "r" in shirts . I did a double take thinking "she wouldn't use that word!"...then I saw that you did indeed write shirts....I think I need to see an eye docor:-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for heartbeats. I'm 10 weeks right now, and all I ever think about is the next time I can hear the heartbeat.
Oh, and my clothes are getting tight on me, too, and I'm not as far along as you.....

momanna98 said...

Thank you for keeping us updated. I am so thankful and happy to hear that!!

mamazee said...

i know what you mean - this was the longest pgcy ever, but man am i loving this baby enough for two now that she's out...
smooches
stephanie in canada