Thursday, May 28, 2009

"It's the Final Countdown"

Tomorrow morning before the rooster crows Zach will be on his way home!!! He'll be home sometime on Saturday! I can't believe I made it! Seriously! It has been a long 6 weeks. I don't know how people do 6 months or longer, especially if they have 4 or more kids like I do AND homeschool. Because that really does make a difference. I took the kids to see Night at the Museum today. And I was thinking about all the things I've done with them, some I never thought I'd do alone with 4 kids! I must be getting brave! I took 4 kids to 2 movies, to the beach, to get my hair cut, to church a few times (they sit in church with me, don't go to kids church), went out to eat at sit down restaurants (even Olive Garden) numerous times. I'm sure there are other things. I guess it's what you have to do, you know. I just never thought I'd do some of that! And as much as I sit and think how horrible my kids are, they are really good kids when it comes down to it. To not have too much of a ruckus as I get my hair chopped off. Oh and I've gone to numerous garage sales! I'm just so thankful this first stint is over- I am physically and emotionally exhausted.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

yippee help is on the way!

I am OK said...

Welcome home Zach!

you made it Jame! - part one - DONE!

Amie said...

Kylie's husband is going to be deploying to the middle east (for the 3rd time!) in September for seven months. She will have her three boys and a newborn girl. I feel so bad for her.