Wednesday, May 27, 2009

you've got to be kidding!!!

Zach's been gone for 5 1/2 weeks now and do you know that every single night I've had to deal with the boys not going to bed well? Well of course you know because I've talked about it before. Last night I had a meeting and the baby-sitter came. I told her to put the kids to bed between 8 and 8:30. I wasn't sure how the boys would go to bed, especially when her nephew came over with her too! I came home around 9:30 expecting the kids to not be sleeping but the house was so quiet when I got here! I was in shock! She said the boys went to bed really well and I had to go and check- they were out! I told her when Zach's gone this summer that she's going to have to come at bedtime! haha I was SO thankful that she got them to bed! Chatterbox, on the other hand was NOT sleeping. She said she was reading. I told her to go to bed and thought she did but went up around 10 to lay Sweet Pea down and CB was still reading! Errrrr I was mad!

This morning we slept until 8:30! That's the second morning in a row! And Booty Shaker stayed in his bed all night long! It was wonderful! Especially considering I didn't go to bed until around midnight! The ladies from the meeting came over here after we met at Panera Bread. After they left I spent time in prayer and reading my Bible and then read a bit of my book before I turned off the light.

Oh, the meeting was wonderful. I think I mentioned before how we're going to start a homeschool group. There's maybe 5 families that want to start it. And we want it to be small. I am so excited for the school year to start! Well, we'll also meet during the summer for park days and a Mom's Night in July! I'm so excited to see what God does with this group!

Ok, off to the real world. I need to run out a bit today to get some milk and to Best Buy. My laptop doesn't always update properly and I get an error message on something when I turn it on so I figure I better have them check it out before we head to Michigan and I have no help!

3 comments:

Choppzs said...

Go figure ahh? That's always the case. You leave, and the kids are saints! lol

I am OK said...

Sounds like the meeting was great and the fellow ship. I want to go! LOL

Go figure the sitter got 'em to bed - the cat must be out of the bag - you're a softy! LOL.

Lots of love

AmazingGraceTX said...

It's good that you found your daughter up reading. When I was her age, I used to sty up late, reading like that it felt like such a special treat. To this day, that's ione of my favorite times of day. After everyone else is asleep, I'm curled up with a book. I hope you have a great day today!!