Sunday, June 03, 2007

Back to that thing called REALITY (and no I don't mean TV)

Yep, tomorrow is the day of going back to reality. Zach goes back to work and we will try to do some school. Fun. It was such a nice, relaxing break and vacation. Normally after almost three weeks I'm ready to THROW Zach out the door, but this time is different. It has been wonderful having him home. He is such a great husband and really helps with the kids. I know that *I* am the helpmeet but HE is a wonderful helper to me. He bathes them often (we've taken turns while on vacation but normally he's the one to do it). He also feeds them breakfast and lunch for the most part. I know there are some dads out there who don't do any of this. Zach is wonderful and it is nice for me to not have to do it all. This past week at home we did so many fun things- went bowling with our homeschool group, swam in our pool, had a picnic in the backyard, went for a walk, played games. It was nice. We're also in the process of refinancing and selling on eBay so we've been pretty busy! I just feel SO totally blessed by the family God gave me. Even though my children tend to drive me crazy I am so blessed to even have children! I'm reading Terri Camp's book, "I'm Going to Be the Greatest Mom Ever! (Even if it Kills Me). I have read it before but just wanted a boost. It is hilarious but also so encouraging. Last night I was just CRACKING up at her talking about what a good Christian wears, especially a good Christian homeschooler. JUMPERS!!! I must not be that 'good Christian homeschooler' because I do NOT wear jumpers. Even Zach was laughing about it. It's a great book- even if you don't homeschool. She makes you laugh but also puts things into perspective. This poem that she wrote really struck me and I wanted to share it with you all.

The Mirror
I look into my mirror
and wonder what You see.
Do You see godliness
deep inside of me?
Or do You see someone
who just cares about her hair?
Do You see a person
who doesn't really care?
Do You see the extra
pounds of fat?
Or, do You really care about that?
Do You see a person
who has a holy fear,
For a precious Savior
that she holds so very dear?
Do You see a person
whose heart is pure?
Do You see a person
who knows you, for sure?
As I look in my mirror,
help me to see,
The kind of person
You want me to be.

This is what I need to remember throughout my week. I need to have a pure heart. I need to be the person that He wants me to be. I need to be godly. I must admit I'm nervous about Zach going back to work. Will I flip out at the littlest things again? Or can I slowly take a breath, breathe a quick prayer and use patience? I'm praying that I will be the Godly mother that the Lord desires. Have a blessed week!

6 comments:

Risa said...

Hope your Monday back after 3 weeks is better than my Monday back after just 2 days! LOL Because today was definitely a Monday for us! Thank goodness school is out for the day!

Now, to just get through the rest of the day...

Anonymous said...

Great poem.

Shari

Me said...

3 weeks?? Niiiice! It always sucks to come back after vacation. It's always so nice to have a wonderful husband too. Ry is great too! I couldn't ask for better and neither could you :)

Becca said...

Aww, that's awesome that you and Zach have such a great parenting partnership! It's great having a guy who's not afraid to pitch in with the kids isn't it?
Bummer that your vacation is over tho! When is school out in your household?
On the Pleasant View School house Link on my page she had some good observations on homeschooling a couple of days ago.

Choppzs said...

I too, feel weird when Chris has been home for a long period of time, and then has to go back to work. I get frazzled easily, and feel like I can't get anything done. It's great having a husband that helps so much and gives 120%.

Risa said...

I left a new comment on Rebecca's Blog - a correction. You will have to check it.