Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Memories of Summer

Today as I was lounging in the pool I had some major summertime nostalgia. As a little girl, my best friends mother baby-sat me in the summer. We were at the beach every possible day. Swimming, playing with our Barbies and eating bologna sandwiches! That was quite the life back then! I loved summertime (still do). I loved to be able to be with my friend, Shannon, every day. If it was a rainy day I remember staying at her house and playing Barbies. We were all about the Barbies;) We'd take them to the pool (kitchen sink or bathtub) and to the movies (whatever soap opera was on). We'd ride bikes and play outside in her yard. These were just some of my summertime memories I was thinking on today. What is a summer memory that sticks out in your mind today?

2 comments:

Choppzs said...

My summer memories are of Beth and I riding our bikes or walking around down by the river and around the farm. Sometimes getting chased by geese! lol We'd ride our bikes like they were cars and do drives thru McDonalds and play mailman and stuff. Then we'd hop up on the propane gas tank out front and pretend it was our horse! lol We'd build tree forts and make club houses. Gosh to be a kid again. I always wish for things like that for my kids. But the city is so much different then living out in the country. And the desert is 100 times different then Michigan!

Risa said...

Picking rocks...and strawberries! :) I also remember summer camp and am almost desperate to send my kids this summer...doesn't look promising though. :P