Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Recap

I can't believe the weekend is almost over! It seems like it just began! We must not have done much on Friday because I don't remember what we did. I think the only times I went out of the house all week was when we went to the library Monday night and Tuesday morning and then again I went to a Mom's Night Tuesday night. It was so nice staying home, especially considering this week I will be gone every single day (and I'm not used to that).

Yesterday we took out the pool in the morning after realizing it was about 100 degrees out. We filled it up and ran errands only to come home to pouring rain. It stopped and looked like it may clear up, but then we had quite the thunderstorm! So, swimming was out of the question. I had a friend from church over for dinner (her husband is out working in the ocean) and we had a fun night of fellowship. We also had the 'Kirby salespeople' come to our door. I was still in my pj's (at 11 am) so I had Zach answer. Of course they don't come right out and say they're selling Kirby's (we already have one) and I find the woman's voice getting closer and closer. I walk into the living room and she is just standing in my house! And Zach didn't invite her in! And she was pretty much exposing her breasts to the world. So I walked in there and said, "We already have a Kirby" but that doesn't satisfy them. They need to know what model. Who cares? I'm not buying your Kirby!?!? Good thing we had errands to run...we didn't need another demonstration. Zach is real hesitant (I am too) about door-to-door salespeople since we recently discovered we were scammed. If anybody comes to your house selling magazines DO NOT BUY THEM.


Anyway, today after church we went to the cemetery and then came home and got to play in the pool. This week we have VBS every day. Not just every day, every day at 8 am. That's right, 8 am. I homeschool, people. We're usually not out of bed by 8 am! How I will manage to get us ready and out the door to be at the church in time is beyond me! It'll be fun, I know, but I'm sure I'll be exhausted by Friday! Friday we're supposed to close on our house (we're refinancing). Not to mention I've got oodles of errands to run, phone calls to make, etc). But, then we'll see another week over, another week closer to the finish line of 1st grade!
Something else we've been up to...working on potty training.

2 comments:

DDanielle said...

Hysterical picture....I am sure he will appreciate that one when he is older:-)

Anonymous said...

Good boy Gabe, keep going in the potty! I will have to pick up some big boy under wear for you. I love you big boy.