Monday, June 11, 2007

Spilling The Beans & Stepping Out in Faith

Remember a few posts back I asked you to pray for something? Well, I thought I'd finally share it. We are in the process to adopt a child from Liberia. I ask you to pray that this goes smoothly (as smooth as an adoption can go). I ask you to pray for the finances. Adoption costs a ridiculous amount of money and we are totally stepping out in faith here. We're in the military and we don't have extra funds lying around to just up and adopt a child. But God has called us to this point and we are trusting in Him. We know that if it is His will then He will help us to provide. Pray also for the children in Liberia. I will be sharing some of what we're learning as the days, weeks and months unfold. Pray for the people who will help us through the process- from the prayer warriors to the social workers to the adoption agency to the INS workers. I also have written something that I would like to share soon with you all (probably in increments as it is long). Unless I figure out a way I can send a link to it... This is a huge step, an exciting yet scary road we will travel. Thank you for your support and love! Not all have been supporting at this point and that is difficult, especially when it is people close to us. Which I why I will share and pour out my heart to you.

I will leave you with some facts about Liberia. In 1989 a civil war broke out, being rated as one of the most deadly wars in Africa. There's no electricity, running water or mail service. People are suffering from malnutrition and lack of medical care. Babies and others die daily from the disease and conditions that run rampant in that country. The population is about 3 million with a life expectancy about 40 years old. The country is hurting and in need of not only food and medical care, but most importantly they're in need of a Savior, Jesus.

10 comments:

Amie said...

What an exciting journey you guys are starting! I look forward to hearing and praying about it.

Choppzs said...

I think that is great news! I have always thought about adoption, but have never had the courage to step up and actually do something. It's scary, yet exciting all in one bundle! I pray that you guys figure out all that you need too with this big decision! Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You guys are awesome!! Will definitely keep this in our prayers Jamie. What a big step, but I know you can handle it.

Shari

DDanielle said...

Very cool! We are preparing to welcome friends back from Ethiopia with their first child. I have a link to them on my blog. They would love to hear from you and share what they have learned in the process. I don't think people truly understand what adotive parents go through, and how long it takes. We are also working on a video for them. When its done I'll be happy to send you a copy:-) We'll be keeping you in our prayers!

Angel at Aduladi' said...

FANTASTIC!! We will be praying!

Jodie said...

Aw, that gave me goose bumps. How wonderful. You definitely will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so totally like you! I remember when we were little and you showed me pictures of the little boy your mom and you were sponsoring. Here you're going one whole huge step further!
Good luck with the whole process....the child you adopt, whoever it may be, will be very lucky to be a part of your family!

Christine said...

What great news, Jamie! I am keeping your family in my prayers.

momanna98 said...

Wow! Awesome!! I'll keep you in my prayers!!

Risa said...

I'm so excited for you guys and you already know I will be praying for you. :)