Thursday, June 28, 2007

I remember riding my bike, like Heather said in a comment, like I was driving. I'd ride all over the neighborhood with the other kids. I loved it! It was a blast. (My 7 year old still can't ride a bike!!!) There were no fears back then of being abducted or molested. Parents just let us go! As I got older I'd ride my bike to church, I'd go across this bridge,
I'd ride up and down the huge hills. I went everywhere on that thing! It was fun! These days we don't leave our children out of our site, much less cruising on their bikes all over town (if they knew how to ride them). It is weird how so much has changed. I won't even let my kids play in the front yard by themselves! Just another thing my children won't experience quite like I did (even if we lived in the same town I grew up in they wouldn't be venturing far from home). Just another trip down memory lane;)

1 comment:

Risa said...

Wow! You did ride your bike far and wide! :) I remember walking from church across that bridge to the mall once...and to Hardee's more than once. Since I didn't live in town my legs took me almost everywhere. :)