Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A bit of a bragging mommy

Crazy. I was just laying with Cuddly boy for his nap and I heard thunder. It is sunny out yet it is thundering something profusely. I do see that north of here it is looking rather stormy though. It's just weird! It's this crazy humidity. Yuck. I dread the middle of July!

Yesterday morning when we awoke bright and early for VBS Cuddly boy had a slight fever. I thought maybe he was just tired from going to bed late and getting up early. When I picked him up after VBS he was so tired and out of it- and HOT. Poor boy had a fever and barely ate yesterday. By 7 pm he was better but it peaked again around midnight. Neither he or I slept good last night (I had this crazy headache). So I decided he needed to stay home. I figured it wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't there today as there were enough helpers, so I just dropped off the other two.

I have to mention how proud I am of my children. You see, Princess never would participate in the games at Sparks. She'd just sit on the sidelines. When she first joined children's choir she wouldn't sing or do the motions. Now she's like a totally different person. I am so proud of her! (WOW, I just saw lighting right out the window, yet its still sunny). As I watched her singing yesterday and learning the motions to their songs I about teared up seeing how far she's come. Plus she played all of the games! Go Princess!

I've mentioned Little Man before and how he cant stand to be away from us. It's like he feared we'd leave him and never return. Plus he doesn't do well with change. I wondered how he would do for VBS because I wasn't going to be working with his age group like i did in Awana. I began working him up for the week and telling him about it- preparing him. He did GREAT! I was a bit nervous this morning when I would drop them off and come home (normally we're still in the building somewhere and I think that makes him feel more secure). He was totally fine with it! My babies are growing up and I'm SO proud of them! My mommy's heart is bursting with pride today (I know, how corny does that sound? But its true).

Cuddly Boy and I had a nice morning at home. It was so quiet. Amazing. I forgot what its like with only one child! He's feeling much better now and ate SO much food for lunch! After lunch he came and told me he pooped. He says he wants to pee in the potty (he says this a lot but never actually pees). So, I clean up his little behind and he BOLTS into the bathroom. It was dark in there, yet he went in, while I threw his diaper away. I'm standing in the kitchen washing my hands and he comes running in there so excited, "I peed, I peed!" And he did!!! I was SO proud of him!!! One thing I've learned from potty training........you can't force it. When they're ready, they're ready.

That's my news for the day! Oh, and thanks so much for all of your kind comments!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Of course today is the day I decide to focus on potty training. I have not one but two little girls potty training. So that means twice the wet panties and wet spots! What was I thinking. Really the 2 yo is ready, but the 4 yo needs to be motivated. Her baby sister is the motivation! So I'm jealous! Keep up the good work!
Lisa G

Me said...

Way to go kiddos!! You rock!

Oh I meant to comment on the one below too but didn't get a chance. I think that's awesome that you're looking into that. It's a huge step but a wonderful thing!

Jodie said...

My kids are both shy and hesitant around new people and things. Brady is worse than Jayda. Its nice to know that maybe they will grow out of it. Weird about your weather and LOL about your comment to me in my post. Yeah, you have it worse.