Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Time

Time is flying. I've been so busy trying to finish our school for the year. We'll finish sometime next week (depends on how many lessons I cram into a day). We only have 10 left I think, so we won't have to cram too bad! I think we're both ready for a break. I have other things I want to do with my kiddos...things that are more fun, but still learning! In addition to playing in the pool a LOT. I am craving some sun!!! But I feel like I need to finish our school first. Priorities. I'm all about summer school, just at a different, less structured pace!

In addition to school we've also been busy filling out forms for the adoption. I had my physical and it seems like every evening is spent filling out some sort of form. I think I'm done with the beginning ones though, for now. We've really had to narrow down what 'type' of child we want. I hate that. It's like we're 'shopping'. I want the Lord to guide and show us! And He's really been. I'll be thinking something and then later Zach and I begin talking and we're thinking the same thing!

Another crazy God-thing is Zach's job. He's never gone TDY before but supposedly (this could change, it IS the military we're talking about) beginning in August he'll move into a different teaching position that requires him to go TDY often. I really don't want him leaving all of the time, but I see it as a) more money in our pockets and b) temporary, especially if we're moving next summer.

We were supposed to refinance our house this week but we aren't able to until the end of July (pre-payment penalties). It almost may work to our benefit, but we're not sure yet. We may be able to either request to get a bit of cash out or work it to where we won't have 2 months of payments!!! It is amazes me how even already God is providing! It just seems like total confirmation.

I didn't mention yet that my friend Angie moved last weekend. I am so bummed. She's been a wonderful friend and was so helpful and supportive when I went through everything with Malachi. I will really miss her!!!

Princess is on a roll with the summer reading program and has read about 40 books, if not more. This girl will NOT stop reading. She's on book #5 of the Little House on the Prairie series! Can you say NERD? Uh, she's just like her mama. She talks about her 'brown sister'. I'm going to have to have her come up with a new nickname;)

Cuddly Boy is still using the potty at times. There's been minimal accidents and today was the first time I had to clean poop out of the undies. I'm sure Lightning McQueen was thrilled with that;) As I was doing school today it was real quiet. He comes in and tells me he was eating cookies. Sure enough, the lid to the cookies wasn't on quite right...little Cookie Monster!

Little Man prays for the "brown people who eat rice". They're so precious and they glue their eyes to the computer as I browse through photos of Liberian children.

4 comments:

DDanielle said...

Cuddly boy sounds is so funny and cute! I was like Princess at that age too, I couldn't read enough. Good luck with the end of school. I have also been praying that the adoption process goes smoothly for you:-)

Jodie said...

your kids are so cute

you sound like you've been super busy - yikes

I have to go and look up what tdy means ;)

Christine said...

Way to go, Princess for reading so much! Reading is so much fun. I am so glad that the Lord is helping you with the adoption process, every step of the way. Blessings!

Amie said...

I'm so impressed with the reading! Isaac still sees it as a chore.