Saturday, June 30, 2007

Beach Time!

Yesterday we went to the beach out at Dauphin Island in Alabama. We had a blast! Some highlights?


Cuddly Boy saying he caught a fish, running to us to show us a jellyfish! Yikes!

The cops had come to take some huge guy away. I am not sure what happened, but I got the impression maybe he had been nude for awhile? He was so drunk- he could barely walk. And he was with a family!

Little Man was so brave in the water! We had to keep reminding him not to go too deep!

Princess was SCARED of the water. I thought she overcame that fear last year when she took swimming lessons. She wouldn't even go to her knees! What kind of fun is that?!?! I finally just dragged her out further with me!

Zach & the kids were digging a hole a little too close to the water...but they caught a crab. Cuddly Boy had no fear of picking up that thing! When Zach went to pick it up he got pinched!

We saw a seahorse! One family had little nets and were trying to catch sea creatures! It sure was neat to see that little thing!

Eating watermelon and other goodies while listening to the waves crashing against the shore and filtering the sand through my hands as I pondered how God made it and knows how much sand is on the seashore! Amazing!

4 comments:

Risa said...

Looks better than our trip to the beach! LOL

When we went to Ocean City, MD with Levi and Jaclyn last summer the kids dug up dozens of little crabs like that. Jaclyn calls them sand crabs because they live in the sand and she says she used to dig for them on the beach all the time when she was a kid! My kids loved to see them bury themselves in the sand again after they were dug up!

Christine said...

It looks like your littles had a blast! There is nothing like going to the beach. Wow...I cannot believe that he picked up a jellyfish! Blessings!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Cute pictures! We love the beach as well. My little girls were too scared of the water last year. We'll see how they do this year!

Amie said...

I'm laughing at the difference between princess's prim and proper pose and cuddly boy's hammin it up.