Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bye-Bye 1st Grade!!!

No more pencils
No more books
No more of mommy's dirty looks.

No more spelling
No more math
No more enduring mommy's wrath.

School's over
It's summer break at last
Where first grade is in the past!


No, really our year wasn't that bad. We had school lessons, Bible lessons and life lessons. We learned about suffixes, fractions, Teddy Roosevelt and death. I think Little Princess's favorite subjects are History and Science. She's so like her dad in loving history;) But she's like me in that she loves to read. My favorite subject was English. We finished up a day earlier than we intended and it is so nice to be done. I'm not sure who's more excited, me or my student! Now we can play to our heart's content!!! I also plan to throw in a bit of review here and there! So today we're having pajama day and we'll go and splash in the pool!!!

5 comments:

Choppzs said...

*singing*

Schools out for Summer!!!


Yahhhhh! gotta love summer vacation!

Christine said...

Way to go, Little Princess. It sounds like a great lot of fun to kick off the summer! Blessings!

Jodie said...

cute poem

congratulations to you, your daughter, and your husband

Kimmie said...

Love the poem- so cute!

How is your adoption coming...we are just proofing our homestudy...waiting on our agency to give us the big okay. Then off to the state to notorize.

A day at the pool sounds nice. I took my kids to the lake for abit today...so hot here (CT) I got there and told the kids to wait in front of the car because I wanted to sunblock them before we hit the "sand". They waited while I gathered some things out of the car...I yell through the open door to them...hey take off your clothes and leave them here, I am going to put sunblock on you. My 5 year old (who is fairly newly adopted, along with his two siblings) who I can see over the dashboard grabs for his swimtrunks and says, "okay, mama but this is going to be weird." Luckily I caught him before he was standing at the lake naked! I had a good laugh though...guess I should have said, "Boys take off your shirts"LOL

thanks for coming by our blog-hope you will come back ;-)
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted (working on an adoption to Guatemala now)

Anonymous said...

Way to go our Princess. GREAT WORK! How did you grow up so fast to now be going into 2nd grade? Imagine that. Now I know what you meant when you said you had your pajama's on this afternoon! Of course its pajama day. I was wondering why mom didn't dress you kids. I know she isn't lazy. All of you have fun for the summer. Would be nice if I could be there to have fun in the sun with you! Love you all.