Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Weekend in Iowa

Well, we experienced our first weekend in Iowa. Zach already goes to work tomorrow. I'm wondering how I'll keep the three kiddos busy while he's gone! I guess I will have to find some parks or something to occupy our time or I may go mad within these walls;)


Friday we drove back down to Ankeny. We wanted to try to find a fridge. We met some of our neighbors, who all seem really nice. They also pured the cement for our driveway and sidewalks. Then we went and bought a new dining room table! I've been wanting a new one for awhile...we outgrew our other one awhile ago. You can see a picture of it
here. We also drove around the campus a bit so Zach could be familiar with it. It certainly is a beautiful campus.

Yesterday we drove down to Des Moines just to weigh the vehicles. Fun. Then we checked out the mall in Ames, briefly. I was actually looking for a new maternity swimming suit since the clasp on my other one broke. No luck at the mall so we went to Target. Yes, Target!!!! For those of you who don't know we had NO Target in Mississippi. The closest one was in Mobile, about an hour away. Well, in the town we'll live in we'll have SUPER Target!!! Can you believe the luck in that!?!
? On the way to Target we spotted a park and let the kiddos burn off some energy.


























We also got an email from our realtor saying they're having a hard time getting somebody out to the house to connect the gas and electric. Apparently most people were sent to Eastern Iowa to help, but in my mind you'd think they'd leave some people here for work. This may all set our closing date back...which would really, really stink. So please, please pray that everything goes well and they're able to get out there this week to hook us up so we can close on the 2nd like planned. My mom flies in that same day and I really need her here to help me out or I'll really have back pain!!

We ate at a Panera Bread for the first time...oh it was delicious. I'm so sick of greasy food and wanted some healthy. We came back to the hotel and the kiddos and Zach swam and I did laundry. I would have swam but my back and stomach have really been hurting lately so I just watched.


Today we went to church. It was nice to see familiar, friendly faces. After church they had a potluck picnic at the park and we were able to go and eat healthy food and more importantly fellowship. The kiddos made some fast friends, especially Chatterbox! She really seemed to hit it off with one of the Pastor's daughters. My back was just aching when we left and I came back to the hotel and crashed and feel much better. The left side of my back has really been bothering me. Wish I had my heating pad or something. At least resting in bed seemed to help today though.

7 comments:

DDanielle said...

Chad had back pain a while back and got one of those adhesive warming bandages. It worked really well and he could move around and wear it all day. It didn't get to hot but stayed warm all day. You can get it in most drug stores. The hook ups should go quick once someone can get out there.

Jodie said...

Yay for super target!!! And yay for CB having some girl friends!

AmazingGraceTX said...

Wow, you already sound so much happier than you did in Miss. I think this assignment will be a God send for you all.
As for your back, I had pain in my back kind of in my rib area. I found that a rolled up towel or a roll pillow worked wonders for the pain. Did you get my email about Angel Food ministries?? I hope all continues to go well and Ai remember you in my prayers. God bless and take care,
Loriann

Choppzs said...

I am glad you are getting settled. I hope they get your gas and electric turned on for you!

It's always nice to kind of start over. A new town, new home, new friends. It's refreshing and you know you have a clean slate! Good luck!

Risa said...

We've been trying to get a tent at Target - it has a small screen "porch" in it - but they are sold out of them and there wasn't any on the truck that was there today. Poo!:P I guess we have to wait to go camping!

I'm so glad to hear that you are settling in quickly! Now just for your house.... :)

Amie said...

Cute pics, looks like the kids are having some fun.

I love Target! I would really miss it if we didn't have one.

Me said...

Wow, all moved already? That's great! Hope you get settled quickly!!

Panera is awesome! I eat there every chance I can!!! Their Sierra Turkey sandwich is the best!