Thursday, June 05, 2008

Preparations

We have been busy doing our share of preparing for the move. Even though we don't move ourselves there is still quite a bit to do. Tack on everyday life, kiddos, trying to get our Suburban back, getting things ready to purchase a house and I am just beat! Here's a list of things we've done to prepare for the move:

  • Zach took the trampoline down about a week ago.
  • He also mowed the lawn and did some work outdoors to get ready for the housing inspection.
  • Last night he took down the boys bunk beds. Now we have the mattresses stacked on the floor. I thought it would be a good idea, but they think its their new trampoline. Now they need constant supervision in their room!
  • I took down pictures, shelves and such off of the walls upstairs.
  • I took down curtains and washed them.
  • I took bedding off of beds and washed them.
  • I packed clothes in Rubbermaid's. What I am doing with linens and many clothes is packing them in large Ziploc bags or Rubbermaid's. We have free water in base housing so I'm washing everything here. When I get there all I'll have to do is unpack and put away or hang up! They won't be nasty from cardboard boxes!
  • I went through my cleaning supplies and packed them up well in one box. We have to take them with us.
  • I did the same with shampoo, soaps and things of that nature that they don't pack.
  • I have pictures, important papers and other things all packed up to take also.

I'm sure there are other little things we've done around here. There seems like there is so much more to do but really I'm sure there's not. I figure I don't want to have to do everything at once at the last possible minute so I may as well tackle what I can when I feel like it. To think that a week from now we'll be packed up and hopefully our house will be emptying out so we can clean it and be done with it. Then we get to chill in a hotel for a few weeks until we're busy moving in. At that point my mom will be there to help me out! She's great at hanging pictures and things like that so it will be nice to have help! Not to mention she loves to wash dishes. I'll have a list of things for her to do while I keep my feet up so as not to swell;) Just kidding, mom, I'll be busy also!

We get our Suburban this afternoon and I have my last Mom's Night Out with our homeschool group. Tomorrow our best friends, Scott and Jamie, will be in town visiting! I can't wait to see them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always like moving AFTER the work part is done and it is time to travel and eat out and stay in hotels:) Sounds like you are doing a good job getting ready for the movers - people have told me I am crazy - but I do the same stuff! It is less work on the other side when you are ready for a good rest! I am glad your Mom will be there to help - that is a blessing! God Bless you during your travels! Gina

Beth said...

It sounds like you are making good use of the time you have right now. I like to make sure everything is clean & sorted before moving also. It makes putting a new house together so much easier!

Jodie said...

Yikes you sure are busy!

Have fun with your friends!

Me said...

Moving always sucks, but it sounds like you're pretty organized :)