Monday, June 16, 2008

Last day in the south

It's really hard to believe that today was our last day here. And I don't feel an ounce of sadness for leaving. It really still hasn't hit me, but I really don't think I'll be sad at all, more like relieved. Today was a busy day. I had a doctor appointment where I did the wonderful glucose test and had my Rhogam shot. My belly measured right on and the heartbeat was 147. We had to run to the hospital twice because the Rhogam wasn't ready and we had to go to our housing inspection. Well, we get there and wait and wait...Zach finally calls and they didn't even have us on the schedule!!! WHAT?!?!? SO, we had to drive back there later in the day, all for not even 5 minutes with the inspector. All he looked at while we were there were the garage and behind the stove and fridge! At least they weren't real picky but what a waste of gas!


We then came back to TLF where we had no electricity so we just laid around. The walk up the 60+ stairs (yes, I counted) gave me quite the headache and I finally gave in and took some Tylonel and it went away. I got the vehicles loaded up with everything we don't need. Zach has his final out-processing appointment tomorrow morning, I pick up my records from this pregnancy and off we go.


Another thing that blew me away with the day- I called to make a car payment and the bank wouldn't accept a payment over the phone because we don't have a checking or savings account with them. Well, I take that back...we could have paid $10 to make a payment over the phone! How ridiculous is that?!?! I really want to look at refinancing with our own bank once we're settled and to see if its worth it.


Many have asked about our house and if we're affected by the flooding. Our house is fine and the area we live in is thankfully not hit with any damaging floods. We're in the center of the state, close to Des Moines, and while they have had some flooding there hasn't been any near us. We may need to find an alternate route there though. Our realtor took some pictures for us this weekend and emailed them. It was so nice to get an idea of what the house looks like! What? You'd like to see the pictures? Ok, I suppose I'll share;)

9 comments:

Becca said...

How fun to see the progress on your house....it sure is going up fast!! Glad to hear it's out of harm's way.

There always seem to be little things with moving, huh? Never an easy process...and with a family I can imagine it's that much more involved. I'll bet you're excited to get on the road tomorrow! Happy trails!

Christine said...

What a lovely house; it is absolutely charming!

Angie said...

Oh!! I am so excited for you. Say hello & goodbye to MS for me (I miss it compared to here:).

The house looks amazing! Very close to being done. I bet you are just so ready to be in your very own brand new home.

I was looking at ways to drive up and the short-cut we take north from St. Louis (I80 I think) doesn't look like it will be a good drive. It's the route that goes through Hannibal.

Best bet might be just to cut across Missouri to Kansas City and up 35 to Des Moines. Then you will probably have to go around there, but at least it won't be the whole drive.

Hope that helps. Travel safe and call when you want to chat!

Becca said...

Thought you might be interested in this article on Rhogam (food for thought)...I'm negative too so I've been there.

http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-pregnancy/prenatal-rhogam.htm

Melissa said...

How exciting, the house looks great. Can't wait to see more pictures when you get all settled in. Have a safe trip.

Beth said...

Well, it is Tues. afternoon, so you have already started your journey North. I hope you have a wonderful, safe trip to your new home.
Your house is looking great! You'll be able to move in soon.

Jodie said...

Yay that the house is coming along and quite nicely too. Thank goodness the floods aren't where you will be. I still feel so bad for the rest of the state though. L(

Risa said...

You house looks great! :) I'm sure grandma will be glad to hear that you house is fine! LOL

Have a safe trip! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the house!
How exciting!
Glad to hear it is away from the flooding. Can't wait to see more pictures!
Gina