Saturday, June 28, 2008

hallelujah

We drove by the house last night and apparently the gas company had been there! I had tried to call to find out during the day but they were unsuccessful in getting a hold of the specific company to get any information. We were unable to get into the house again and it didn't appear much had been done, but there really isn't that much more to do. I'm so thankful that the gas is done though- we'll be able to close on the 2nd! It wasn't looking too promising yesterday afternoon, especially when the realtor called and said he still needed to get some signed forms from the builders. But of course God pulled through for us! I pray there will be no more snags and that Wednesday comes quickly! I'm hoping it stays dry this weekend so they will be able to sod the yard before we move in. I can't fathom the thought of a dirt yard! Anyway, I feel I'm able to relax a little better knowing that our closing will pull through on schedule.

Yesterday I met with a lady I'd 'met' through the Above Rubies egroup. We took all of our kiddos to a park and went out to lunch. It was a fantastic time getting to know her and her children. It's always nice to meet people you've originally met through the internet, although you do have to be wary of such things also.

Last night while in Ankeny I told Zach to drive by the movie theater because its near our house. Then he got the bright idea to take the kiddos to see Wall-e. I was in no mood to sit in a movie, especially with my back hurting, so I went shopping. I browsed the racks of Kohl's, Super Target, and Family Christian Store. I bought myself a pillow for my back and it really helps when I use it. I was so comfortable sitting in the vehicle waiting for their movie to end!

Today we're going to Zach's coworkers for a barbecue. I look forward to meeting them. They've also got three children, one is a new baby. It will be nice getting to know more people and to converse with somebody besides my children!

3 comments:

Risa said...

Did you find out about the mold in your basement yet? Maybe it was just dirt from the builders...

I'm glad your closing will be on time! :) I can't wait to see pictures of it finished! :)

Becca said...

That's awesome you should be able to move in on time. Yay! Also glad to hear you're getting some relief for your back...late pregnancy can be so tiring and uncomfy!

Jodie said...

Hey Jam, I just got caught up on your blog. My new job stinks for blogging. Don't have time to view them or post. That's a bummer that your back's been hurting so bad. I hope it gets better! It sounds like you're meeting a lot of nice people with kids. And yay for almost being able to move into your new house!