Tuesday, June 03, 2008

When It's All Said and Done

I made about $250-300 on my garage sales. There was still a LOT left over that I didn't sell. Some I kept but most was taken to the thrift store...where they can turn around and sell it! I can't complain about that money though- it will be used to buy new things for our house....towels, bedding, curtains, etc. I have yet to get rid of a computer desk that sits in our garage. Even if I can get $10 for it at this point I'd be happy! It's just not really something I want to give to the thrift store so they can sell. I can tell you I'm rather miffed (and I know you are too honey) about spending $20 on a newspaper ad. I thought it would generate much more traffic but it really didn't. What a waste! If I still lived in Ocean Springs there would have been swarms of people. That's what happens when you live in the 'sticks' a bit more!

I also walked away from the sales with such swollen ankles. It doesn't help that it is so humid. Sunday (the day I didn't even do anything) my ankles were so swollen I was a bit worried! But I drank lots of water, tried to sleep on my left side, elevated my feet and now they seem back to normal. Until I go out in the humidity and it seems they swell right back up! Yesterday was almost 100 with the humidity- truly unbearable!

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Holy humidity batman! That's misery.

Yay for making some $$.

Amie said...

Ugh, thats humid!

Your belly pics are cute!

Anonymous said...

I love to go to yard sales, but do not like to have them!

My hubbie is in MS right now and he was complaining about the humidity too! Aweful!

Happy Moving!
Gina

DDanielle said...

I think the humidity is the number 1 reason I would not want to live in the south. I hope your ankles hold up for the move, that would not be fun to do a drive like that!

Risa said...

I think I could take a little bit of that heat about now - but not that much! Ugh! I honestly think I will keep my springy 50's and 60's weather this week as opposed to that oppressive heat and humidity!