Thursday, June 19, 2008

We've Arrived!!!

Here we are, in our new home state! Today's drive wasn't bad at all. Well, the last leg always seems the longest and it did in this case too. But it all went real well and it is so nice to be settled somewhere for more than a week, even though its a hotel! We have a nice king suite. We checked our house out and it was nice to see it in person. Seems like they have so much more to do, but its all little stuff so I'm sure it really won't take them too long!

This morning shortly after we left I was having contractions and it was freaking me out. There I was driving down the highway in pain! I was worried for awhile there (I've never had Braxton Hicks with the other kiddos), but they finally went away. Silly baby sure likes to keep mama on her toes;) It seems my belly just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger;) But at my appointment I think they said I only gained like 13 pounds since the beginning, so that's not bad.

I'm off to just chill out and relax, although I'm contemplating bathing the boys but I think they'll do without...mama's just too tired and sore for that. Oh, and please pray for my Grandma Mary. She has fluid in her lungs and didn't remember any of the family last night. It just breaks my heart. I wish I were there to visit with her. But at the same time it is almost relieving because I don't have to see how she suffers and I can remember the good days. I have so many wonderful memories of my sweet Grandma and I hope to have more in the future. Thanks for your prayers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard - BUT don't forget to rest, rest, rest. Even when you are sitting still your body is still doing full time job:)
Glad you arrived and like your house in person too:)
God Bless,
Gina

jljdcraig4 said...

Yay! You made it to Iowa! I really pray that you'll like it there..... you are definitely in a pretty part of the state.

I was relieved to read that all is well where your house is being built, and you don't have the flooding to worry about.

I'll be sure to pray for your Grandma.............

be blessed,
Lynn

Jodie said...

Glad you made it! The hotel sounds nice. Sorry about your Grandma!

Amie said...

Sorry about your grandma.

PBJCJ said...

I am so glad to here that you are all safe in Iowa - of course I wish you were here though:) I am praying that this will be a place for lots of happy memories and friendships!
Love you!!

Beth said...

I'm glad you made it safely to Iowa. I pray your new home is finished quickly so y'all can come in! In the mean time, relax & rest.
I'll be praying for your Grandma Mary.

Risa said...

I hope your Grandma feels better soon!

I'm glad you made it safely. :)

Christine said...

Hi Jamie! I am sorry about your Grandmother. I will be praying for you and her. You might be having those contractions from over-exerting yourself. I hope you can relax, some, which I know must be hard during the move. Blessings!

Angel at Aduladi' said...

We will be praying!!!

DDanielle said...

Yippee! Happy for you but praying for your grandma and family.