Friday, June 27, 2008

I want my house

and I want it now. You know, like that commercial.

  • I want my own bed. This bed is terrible and my back aches even more than normal. I can't sleep at night because I can't find a position where my back is fine.
  • I won't have to listen to some bratty screaming kid next door late at night or early in the morning. I understand about kids being off schedule with traveling, but try to quiet your child and be considerate of others. Don't just let the kid scream at the top of their lungs (seriously). I hope they check out today!
  • Why do people walk through the hallway early in the morning talking so loudly? Even in the middle of the day I remind my children to be quiet. It's called consideration.
  • There's some sort of smoke detector or something in here that flashes about every 20 seconds. Very annoying to see a flashing light all night long.
  • Our fridge makes the weirdest noises. In the middle of the night it sounded like an alarm clock going off but it was the fridge. Almost sounds like some sort of breathing machine.
  • I'm tired of eating out, eating junk, or eating nasty microwavable food in the hotel. My stomach is messed up every morning.
  • There's no room to move around. You have to blast the TV to hear it when the kids play because its just a small space.

Ok, enough complaining. Some reasons its nice to be in the Midwest:

  • People say pop. Not soda or Coke, but pop. It's almost weird to hear people ask what kind of pop you want after living down south for so long. Sometimes when I say it I hesitate, almost wanting to say soda.
  • Can you believe I was cold yesterday? We had quite a storm in the morning and it was real windy. I was so cold! Normally in the south if it rains the humidity remains but here it really cooled off.
  • Have I mentioned I can go outside and breathe, even when its hot? It's nice not to sweat the minute you step outside.
  • For the most part the cashiers and waitresses and such have been super friendly.
  • I see a lot of Scandinavian looking people. To me they just have a certain look about them sometimes. I feel right at home!

Alright, I better get us some food. I know my belly is growling so I imagine everybody else's is. Then again, maybe not. I seem to be constantly hungry lately. Of course I haven't had nice big meals like normal either. More like greasy burgers and pop.

Only 5 days to go, trusting we indeed close on time.

4 comments:

Risa said...

Moving isn't easy - and with your circumstances with having to wait for your house to be finished it has to be even harder! Just reading about what you are going through doesn't make me excited about moving from here in less than a year! Ugh!

Just think though - in a week or so it will be all behind you! Esp. with all the help I'm sure your mom will give you. :)

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I am praying for a quick turn around with all the house issues!!

I read the update on your Liberia blog and felt sad with you, but I must compliment you on your faithfulness as a wife. Honoring Zach's concerns is huge and not something most women do without a major gripe fest first to the world negating the whole, "honor and obey" thing!

Like you said, you don't know what the Lord has planned, but it will be exciting to find out!

Praying for you all,
Angel

DDanielle said...

The food thing would get to me as well, I would imagine its worse when you are pregnant too! I always wonder why people talk to loud in hotel halls anytime of day too. We had our dog in a motel once and we just freaked when she barked or moved. The place was so nice to let us keep her there and not have to pay extra we didn't want to ruin it for other dog owners. Good thing Belle doesn't bark much and she will bark in a whisper when the situation calls for it (like in the morning she whispers to me....its the weirdest thing).
I hope you get in soon!

jljdcraig4 said...

Wow! I was catching up, and it seems like you've been through a lot this week...................I'm glad that you'll be able to be settled into your new house soon, and will pray that the mold issue will be resolved quickly.

I know what you mean about the word "pop". That sounds so homey to me now that I've heard pop called a lot of other names. :-)

I didn't realize that you were going to be so close to Des Moines. I have a sister who lives there, and has lived there since she went to Drake University in the 80s----she loves it and refuses to move elsewhere, even though it would help her career. It's a nice little city.

Y'all have GOT to try out the Iowa Beef Steak House--------Jim and I had the best steak EVER there-----------

Take care, Jamie..............
Lynn