Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What's the black stuff?

We switched hotels today. With the whole fiasco with our card being outrageously charged Zach was just fed up. The money still hasn't been refunded to our account. They charged our whole checking account a total of $900!!! For like 5 nights! Is that insane or what? Of course it said 'pending debit card purchase' but we still don't have that money accessible to us...we have $40 to our name because of this mess. The actual total of the room came to like $300, so we were 'overcharged' $600. Well, they claim they make sure your account has the funds but don't take it out. Whatever...that's why I can't get any money out??? What a mess!

So Zach took the afternoon off so we could 'move' right down the road to another hotel. We went to lunch at Old Chicago Pizza. I was the only one who wanted to try it but even Booty Shaker, our non-eater, at it right up. Thankfully there's one in Ankeny too so hopefully we'll head there again. There's so much more I'd love to try besides just their pizza.

Then we drove to Ankeny and checked out our house. The selling agent was in the neighborhood and gave us the ok to go in (so we didn't have to sneak this time). We spent a bit of time looking around. I admit to you that I haven't really been too excited about this purchase for some reason. I keep thinking it is too small for our family, even though the family next door has 5 children (most of whom are teens). But after being in there today I was more excited. I love it. The doorknobs, light fixtures, etc. BUT the basement is growing MOLD. I PRAY they deal with it before we close since we have a LOT of things that need to be stored down there, especially considering we have no garage. I talked to our realtor about it so hopefully this will be cleared up before next Wed. Good thing there's only a tiny bit of drywall down there...most of it is cement.

We also bought a fridge finally. Now we REALLY have no money!!! Country Inn & Suites better refund us soon! Thankfully we still get to use Zach's travel card or we'd be hurting. I can't wait to move in. I'm confident that we'll close on the 2nd (at least for the moment). I just hope the basement is cleared up and the sod is in!

I must be popular amongst the ranks right now. All the kiddos are in the bed with me. That's a good thing, lately they've been little heathens!

5 comments:

Amie said...

I hope the 2nd comes soon for you guys!

mamazee said...

i will pray about this, and the gas getting hooked up... crazy!

stephanie in canada

Melissa said...

I hate it when companies over-charge your account to make sure funds are availiable. I never fully understood the reason for that. I hope that clears off your account. I know how frustrating that can be. Pretty soon the 2nd will be upon us and you'll be closing on your house.

Anonymous said...

I had a company do that for a $40 purchase they had $90 tied up! That is so frustrating but it usually only take a day or so to straighten out.
Moving is hard on the kids and mine are always heathens too:) You just have to laugh and keep walking:)
Gina

Risa said...

Hopefully your next hotel is better to you! :) And your next few days go quickly! :)