Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update....the good, bad and ugly

I've managed to keep us pretty busy thus far, miraculously. Zach began work and is settling into that. Being summer things are pretty quiet for him, but he's trying to get in-processed here and all that fun stuff. It's not as easy when you're not attached to a particular base!

Yesterday we met him for lunch and then the kids and I drove to Ankeny. I wanted to check our mail there and make sure it was indeed being forwarded. Chatterbox was really wanting a library so she could get her hands on more American Girl books so we went there and created accounts. Nothing like not even living in your house yet but making sure you have library accounts! Either you know you're a geek or homeschooler (or maybe both) by doing something like that! It was a wonderful library, they have a great children's section and such helpful people. We got free kids tickets to the zoo and the kids signed up for the summer reading program. Next to the library is the aquatic center. It looked pretty cool (and crowded) with two smaller water slides, a splash park and more. I also drove by our house and noticed the carpeting is in. I took them to a park for awhile also.

I had a stressful morning yesterday though. I had an email from my stepmom that my grandma only has a short time to live....her lungs still have fluid, her kidneys aren't functioning well and her heart is weak. Needless to say I was so sad and cried for a good while. Then I was trying to deal with Tricare to get our insurance switched (again). They'd kept telling me I could do it online but come to find out that is not the case...go figure. I would have had the papers all filled out before we left MS if I'd known. It takes at least a week to process them all. Then I tried to call different OB's in the Des Moines area. I had found one I'd wanted. But of course none of them are taking new patients. So I'll be coming to Ames for my care. At least I've heard nothing but good things about the doctors and hospital in Ames but I really wanted to be nearer to home. Oh well, God knows what He's up to! This morning I went ahead and scheduled my first appointment. I figure if I don't I'd have to wait forever to get seen and be delivering the baby....even though our insurance hasn't 'approved' it all yet I'm sure it will be fine. Also yesterday I thought somebody had hacked into one of our bank accounts. Thankfully that wasn't the case, it was a spam text (which I knew) and I'd typed in the wrong pin which was why it said my account was frozen.

Last night we went to see the movie Get Smart. It was pretty funny.

Today we slept in nice and late (besides Zach). We went to lunch with him and I took the kiddos to the park for a while. It was beautiful out- breezy, not too warm. I could breathe and I didn't sweat! We came back and I gave the kids some fun activity sheets we'd gotten from the library. They had fun doing those...well besides Chatterbox who threw a royal fit about something being hard. Yet her brothers could do it!?!?

Update on the house, apparently the electric is hooked up but the gas isn't yet. They're hoping to get to it by the end of the week but can't guarantee that it will be done by the 1st. I'll call on Friday to check on the status of it and in the meantime I'll be praying it gets hooked up so we can close on the 2nd with no problems. Nothing like the Lord really wanting you to totally rely on Him in times like this! I asked if we can still close on the 2nd, whether we have gas or not (have yet to hear back about that). Zach has all next week off for moving in purposes, as you know my mom flies in and we're to get our stuff delivered so I'd like to close so we can take care of that all!

More stress today...the hotel we're at was charging our debit card rather than Zach's travel card.... I was able to get it taken care of and they'll credit our account BUT we had negative funds in there until I just transferred some. What a pain! And there's nothing more frustrating than being gone for hours only to come back to your room STILL not being clean! Guess if I go out tomorrow I'll request to have them clean my room while we're gone!

Hmm....sorry if I'm boring you all to death with everything. I'm getting rather bored so I'm just trying to pass some time!

7 comments:

Risa said...

I'm glad things are coming along for you guys! :)

DDanielle said...

We stayed at a hotel in New Orleans for a week (Chad was at a conference). They didn't come to clean the rooms until late afternoon if at all. Its frustrating because technically you are paying for it, and really all you want is new towels and stuff like that.
Sounds like a nice library.....I have no idea where the closest library is to our new house....hmm I am going to go look that up now, thanks:-)
Oh and I just know your gas will be hooked up in time:-)

Beth said...

It sounds like you are finding ways to keep the kids busy while waiting for time to move into the house. I'll be praying that everything will get done so you can close on the 2nd.

Choppzs said...

Gosh, it brings back memories! lol Moving,tricare,hotels,being bored while Hubs was at work! I miss it, but I don't, ya know? lol

I don't miss tricare though, that's one thing i don't miss in the least. I hope they get all your junk sorted out soon. I know it gets frustrating, but it always seems before you know it, it's all worked out.

Sherry said...

Jamie, did you change your e-mail address? I sent you one yesterday and I got it back today an undeliverable...I used the cableone address.
Sherry Strack

Becca said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma.

Glad to hear some things are starting to come together for you but the frustrations are there as well, huh?

I hope you guys get in your house on time!!!

Amie said...

When we moved here (almost 8 years ago!), the library was the first place we looked up.