Saturday, June 07, 2008

Time

Time is really flying and yet its not, although we only have 4 more nights sleeping in our house. Things are getting done and yet I feel there's so much left to do. I've said some good-byes and shed a few tears. Trying to get together last minute with various friends (good thing I don't have too many;)).

We got our Suburban back. At first everything looked great. But it is so dirty inside, a white chalky dust everywhere so I will take it in Monday morning for them to clean it. I also noticed the one door isn't sealed right (if that's the right terminology). So they better fix that on the spot because at this point we're in need of our own vehicle!

We got to spend some time yesterday with our friends Scott & Jamie. We were stationed with them in Minot, North Dakota. I love those friends you have where you can go a year or more without seeing one another and just pick up like you saw one another yesterday. We had so much fun visiting...I only wish it were longer but I'll take what I can get! They have been (or at least Jamie) everywhere to visit us and I feel terrible that we've not been to visit them where they've been stationed (California and D.C.). One time I was going to take a trip to Cali to see them but I just didn't feel right getting on a plane and leaving my family at that time!

Tomorrow will be our last Sunday in church. We'll still be here another Sunday but we'll be staying on the base so we figure we'll just make this the last.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I am so excited for you to start your move! Hopefully gas will go down a bit by the time the baby arrives, I really would love to come down and see you. And then whenever you make a trip to the cities we will definetly plan to be in town at the same time.

Have a good week and remember to Relax and get your feet up too!

Jodie said...

That stinks about the burb being dirty! Can you believe its time already?!