Monday, June 09, 2008

So, So Tired

I just want to go to bed! But I've got rugs washing and need to wait to stick them in the dryer. Last night I took Cuddly Boy to the ER. He is fine during the day, doesn't cough a whole lot, but at night he wakes just coughing away, trying to release phlegm (which is weird because during the day he's not stuffy nor does he have a runny nose). Of course it was a wasted trip and I didn't get home until after midnight! But at least I was reassured it was nothing serious (like fluid in the lungs or something). I had given him some nighttime cough medicine and so he was out the whole time there, so of course the doc thought he was fine (but it was the medicine). As soon as we got back home he started to cough again (but not a cough out of him while there)!

Today I ran all day and didn't get home until after 2. Then I went out and cleaned out the Suburban. Even though I took it in it still wasn't clean. And they supposedly snapped the door back into place but its not fixed right (and I REALLY have run out of time to deal with it, but I'll let my insurance know). So, I was outside in 90 degree weather dealing with that mess. I'm also trying to get our clothes organized that we're going to take with us but its hard when there's still some in the laundry! Hopefully I can finish that tomorrow morning so that the rest of the day can be spent figuring out what will fit where in our vehicles. It feels like crunch time now. I will be relieved when Wednesday is here and all I have to do is watch them pack my stuff (and make sure my kids stay out of trouble). My bed will be so inviting tonight. I just pray CB sleeps well so I can too.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow Jam - serenity now! I hate packing and do not envy you. At least it will all be over soon. Hope you and G get some zzzzs soon!

PBJCJ said...

I can't believe you will be moving again so soon! The time has gone so quickly - but I'm sure it doesn't feel like that right now in the midst of everything. I wish I were there to help:)
I keep thinking that its ironic that last time you moved states, you were pg with CB. Maybe this will be a recurring theme? LOL! Love you and miss you lots!

Amie said...

Wow, your stuff if being packed up tomorrow already?! The last couple weeks have flown by!

Becca said...

Sounds as tho Cuddly boy has/had the exact same thing Shannon had but hers was preceeded by that high fever...Grace had the night coughing the same time as Shannon and between the two I was up every 5-15 minutes for hours! I gave them honey and that helped calm the coughs....I'm so nervous of cough medicines with all the negative publicity they've gotten. I hope you got the rest you needed and he's doing better now!

Shari said...

Sounds like Melina. If it wasn't her keeping me up it was Ali. I thought it was just her allergies, but I now believe it was Fifth's Disease. Now that she has broken out in the rash and the cough is getting better. She does not like the honey, we've tried that. I've also been told to take 1 Tbspn of honey for a month to help with allergies. Especially if you can get honey from local bees. Can't wait to hear an update. I can't believe you are moving again. I really don't envy you!! Take care and keep us posted.