Wednesday, July 11, 2007

BUGS, BUGS, BUGS

I am so tired of bugs! First the black widows outside. So Zach did this big lesson with the kids on poisonous spiders. That creeped me out a bit. Then we watched the movie, Hangman's Curse. Ok, that really creeped me out about spiders. The other morning as I was vacuuming I saw a brown spider RIGHT NEXT TO OUR BED on the floor. It creeped me out! Had it been in our bed??? I had a hard time sleeping that night as I envisioned spiders crawling all over me (thanks to that movie). I tried to see if it was a brown recluse but its so hard to tell the difference between that and a wolf spider. I'm sure if I got closer I would have been able to tell, but I hate spiders and didn't get too close, just sucked it up in the vacuum! Now we have earwigs every day. Let's not forget the flies that come in at the drop of a hat. At least I can handle those. Spiders and roaches, no way. Thankfully we don't have a roach problem! Oh, and I hate centipedes too. Pretty much, I hate bugs. I need to move somewhere bugless (is that even a word?). Although then its too cold. At least I haven't had somebody pick up a centipede lately! LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewww! Spiders, so now I keep seeing spiders everywhere I look. The bug forcast is better the farther north you live. The cold kills them in the winter. On the other hand then you have snow. Yuck pretty bad choices.

So I am going to another above rubies retreat, and I started thinking about you. I am excited to see that you will be adopting.
Take Care,
Lisa

Risa said...

I'm with you there! I hate bugs...my kids love to collect them in their bug cages!

The kids call earwigs "pincher bugs". They don't much care for those though. But they love the Japanese Beetle - a.k.a. "Japaneetles" - and collect them by the hundreds! Yuck! :P

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Okay so now my skin is crawling. The rule in my world is that if I see a bug outside, I resign to leave it alone in it's habitat, blah, blah blah, however...

If it is in MY habitat, it's toast!

Jodie said...

Ditto on the comments above. Ewie ewie ewie!!