Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where, oh where has the week gone???

We thought maybe we'd get paid by the military to move ourselves into base housing, as that is what we'd heard from various sources. Looking into it we're not eligible because we're going through the Navy housing office and we're not Navy and Zach isn't working on the Navy base. Bummer.

Haven't heard anything about how our showing went the other day. We have another scheduled for Saturday morning. Hopefully they'll call with more throughout the rest of the week. I tell you thought, it is HARD to keep this house clean with my two little boys!!!

Saturday my friend and I are having a HUGE garage sale. So if you live around here come and see what we've got! I'm telling you it is going to be big! But its at her house so you'd have to email me for directions!

We found out that we're 4th on the housing list but that the first two people have houses, they just need to be told and that the lady is finding a house for the 3rd person. That means we're pretty much 1st. So, we need our house to sell so we don't have to make a lot of payments with no BAH (housing allowance). But just because we're 4th or 1st or whatever on the list....it could mean next week or it could mean the end of August. You just never know with the military! But Canaan went on the list last week and they're getting their keys right now!!!

We got our birth certificates and marriage license back from the State of Michigan. That was fast! We also have started applying for adoption grants. This whole move thing has kinda taken preference lately as I've been getting things ready for the garage sale and packing what I can. So I need to get on the ball applying for more grants and doing what I can with my paperwork!

My wonderful friend
Beth from NC has finally moved her blog to blogspot! Now that makes 3 Beth's in my links! Don't get confused now;)

5 comments:

Choppzs said...

Aren't housing lists crazy? We waited like a month, and then all of a sudden they were calling! We seemed to go from #10 to #1 very quickly. Then of course we had to do our own ditty move because they don't pay to go from housing to housing. Such is the military life. You definitaly learn how to pack up your own stuff and do it as quickly and painlessly as possible!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know that it seems drastic, but I did cut it short last August. It was down to the middle of my back and I cut it up to about my chin and donated it. It's just now touching my shoulders when it's curly. I figure I have time to style it since I don't have any children. When I dostart having kids, I can grow it out again and not do anything to it. Like I do now! :)

Me said...

I think I'm glad we never had to deal with military stuff :)

You can always change my name to Wethyb if it gets too confusing for you :D

Risa said...

We're in the middle of packing but kind of at a stand still. We've packed pretty much everything we can but we're waiting on our apartment. Every time I call they tell me they are almost done but they always need more paperwork from me. I tell her to call if she needs anything else and she has NEVER called me but every time I call to see what our status is she says she needs one more thing! It's frustrating for sure!

DDanielle said...

Don't expect to hear to much feedback. If realtors are the same down there you will rarely hear a thing. The last feedback we got was "I don't know".....literally....a couple of hours after the showing our realtor called to ask "What did you think" and she said "I don't know"
What did you clients think
"I don't know"
She only took him to 4 houses.
We just don't expect feedback, that way we are downright giddy when we get:
"They liked everything but the location"