Monday, July 30, 2007

Sick and tired of this long, frustrating, ridiculous, stupid waiting game

We have a moving truck. It is packed to the brim. We still have furniture in our house. The car and van are packed up. Everything is ready to go. But we still have no house. That's right. No house. Zach called this morning and was told that the 'cleaning man' had more cleaning to do. I tried to call this afternoon to see if we could at least get an address so we could park this moving truck somewhere but I was unable to get an answer. So I tried again. And again. Finally I get the lady. I apologize for us being so pesty but kindly explain that we need to get out of our house and that we have a moving truck filled with stuff. She tells me the man is going to clean two four bedroom houses first thing in the morning and she'll get back to me right away. So I have two addresses- I just don't know which will be ours. Or when she will call. It is so frustrating. And if this truck isn't back by tomorrow at 5 pm we have to pay way more money. And did I mention that the toys are packed up? The house is empty and the kids are driving me crazy. I'm so crabby, tired, annoyed and frustrated that I don't know whether I want to cry or punch something. Oh yeah, and we found out today that we have termites....there's $800 less that will be ours once we close on the house. Flippin' termites. Please take me off of this crazy ride I got on. I want it to be over. I'm tired of it and I just want to be settled somewhere.

4 comments:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I will be praying for you! You are a Proverbs 31 woman and YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS!!! Just think, by Christmas this will all be a funny story!

Hugs,
Angel

Anonymous said...

Moving at it's best is icky. Moving at it's worst seems intolerable. I've yet to see it any other way.

You will have a house, you will get moved, you will once again be settled into a new home.

Hang in there and let us know how it all turns out.

God is bigger than this! You are stong in Him. What a story you will have to tell. Termites and all.

DDanielle said...

Keeping your family in my prayers. I bet you felt like asking if you could be of any "assistance" with the cleaning guy, LOL;-) Well I guess the kids could look at this as a lesson on how little a Liberian child has, and they will only be a few days without their toys.
How frustrating though.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a picnic, Jamie! I go with ddk23...making this a teaching situation for the kids sounds like agreat idea... but when you're frustrated yourself I know that can be tough.
Good luck with everything...I hope you're moving into your new place as I type this!