Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Little Details

The thought of selling my home never really crossed my mind. We were going to refinance last month but then found out we would have to pay a prepayment penalty, so then we had to wait until August. A few months back we'd talked of selling and moving into base housing but that was just a fleeting thought. The thought of living in that housing was not what I wanted. I've been thinking off and on for some time about whether our house will sell when we have to move, which will hopefully be next summer. I have a friend from church who is moving to Germany and her house hasn't sold. I do not want to be in that boat!

Last Tuesday I called up my friend, Canaan, who told me she was moving. I thought she meant away, but she told me of the Air Force is overtaking old Navy housing (the one Navy base has closed down). I remembered passing that housing in the past and it was nice. It's not too far from where we live now, just north of the interstate (we're south). Once she told me that I thought, "That is what I want to do". I don't remember if I told Zach that night or the next day, but he thought that was a good idea too. So, Wednesday evening we went and drove by it and peeked in the window of an empty one. Thursday he put us on the waiting list (as of yesterday we're 5th and they're moving quickly because many people are moving out). That same night I called our realtor and she came Friday night. Saturday morning we had a sign in our yard and yesterday I found the listing online.

We aren't playing around, are we? Yet this is so clearly another thing from God. I didn't share right away because I didn't want devourers to bring me into the darkness. If you'd have told me 4-6 months ago to sell my house and move into base housing I would have laughed right in your face! But now I am SO excited!


First, we won't have to worry about our house selling when we do move away. Second, we will be making quite a profit which we can put toward our adoption, debts and into savings. There are other bonuses as well. We'll have sidewalks! I know that sounds silly but we have no sidewalks here and the people drive pretty fast down our street. It is a small housing area and is protected. There are numerous little playgrounds in the housing area and there's even a little lake. And lots of Canadian geese! To which there's an abundance of their poop;) Also, we've recently gotten some new neighbors...two women...

Sunday we drove by there again and saw some people moving who let us look at the house. I really like it. It's smaller than what we have now and two stories (I haven't live in a 2 story in 5 years). It doesn't have the storage space we have now, doesn't have a big yard or a 2 car garage but I don't care. I won't have a schoolroom because I don't want to have it upstairs, but I am excited about our dining room being our schoolroom! There are so many pluses. We will be right off of the interstate so Zach's drive to work may be a bit quicker!

These are just some of the perks. We'll let you know more as things happen. It was so hard keeping it all a secret when we were so excited (I hate keeping secrets). Well, I need to get ready for us to head out as we have a showing in 45 minutes!!!! Please join me in prayer in believing that our home will sell fast!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....you're really thinking ahead...I hope the house goes quick for your sake and that you've got a place to move to when it does! ;)

DDanielle said...

Good luck, I really mean that:-) I hope you only have to go through that one showing! It would be so nice for you to have that extra cash for the adoption.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You didn't even say anything when we were looking online together. You stinker! We have yet to find anything. They rejected our final offer on the one and Todd isn't sold on the one that I like. So we are patiently waiting for God to dump something in our laps. I guess it's nice that we don't have to worry about the one we are in. That's one of his things though too, getting stuck with something if we were to ever move. Oh well. Hang in there.

Shari

ChicoryChick said...

Congratulations! How exciting.

Amie said...

Sounds like a good plan!

Me said...

Hope it sells fast!

Melissa Stover said...

i was looking around for your web photo but didn't see it. i love those zig zaggy webs.

Choppzs said...

good luck. seems that moving is the in thing right now huh? lol

Jodie said...

Ah congratulations and good luck! It is amazing how everything is working out for you guys. Very profound!

LOL about the goose poop and your new "neighbors."

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you guys! Levi and I will definitely be praying that everything goes well for you.
And as for your comment, missy! Hmph! We were in the car and there was no signal where we were driving because we were deep into the Monongahela Ntl. Forest. There were too many other campers to do what young marrieds do to celebrate the first year ;)

alcoz said...

Wow! When God speaks...I am going to be sad when you have to leave the coast. I am learning how to do this blog. I have one on google now too. TTYL

PBJCJ said...

Girl, I really need to make sure to keep in touch better - I am not online for only a few days and look what happens:) I know God is working some amazing adventure for your famiy and this is just the beginning - I am always praying for you - I love you!
Oh, I finally got an acct here, so now you will have to help me figure it out..lol!

Risa said...

I was so excited to hear about your home sale! I hope it goes quickly!

Sorry I didn't get back to your email - I got it but haven't been spending much time on the computer lately.