Sunday, July 29, 2007

Not Now

I have the worst back pain. Sometimes my sciatic nerve acts up, maybe like once a week to every two weeks and sometimes more often. This is not my sciatic nerve and if it is I haven't experienced it being this painful. It's my lower left side and it HURTS. It could be that that time of the month is drawing near but I normally don't get back aches from that. I have felt miserable all day. I took two Aleve and it didn't even touch the pain. Pretty difficult to move around and pack boxes with a sore back. I can't imagine how it will be once this move is over...I'll really need that free massage I've been meaning to get! It's days like this I just want to crawl into bed in my PJ's and a good book but no time for that! Princess has her Choir concert tonight at church. I can't wait to see it! Speaking of...I better go and practice with her. Hope to have some pictures at some point!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Jamie, sorry about the pain, I know how you feel though, I had REALLY bad sciatic back pain with my first preg. for 4 months strait. But I did find a way to take the pain away, we learned it in a childbirth class. Lay on your right side on the floor, have your hubby put one hand on your tale bone and the other on your hip bone. Instruct him to push on the tale bone and pull towards him your hip bone. I really works, that was the only thing that would take the pain away for me. Actually my Mom has sciatic nerve issues, so I tried it on my Mom this summer and it completely took the pain away for her. Hope it works:)

Bethany said...

Good luck on the choir concert Princess! Get well soon Jamie. Back pain is a bummer. :(

DDanielle said...

OMG I hope your back is better. Lower back pain is the worst because you feel it each time you walk. Sending prayers your way!

Jodie said...

With all of the packing and junk that you've been doing, you might have pulled a muscle somewhere. Brian pulled a muscle in his side and it hurt so bad he went in to see the dr (he NEVER goes to the dr). They told him take 4 Ibuprofen every six hours until the pain subsides. Taking 4 ibuprofen really helped and in a couple of days he felt better. Good luck!!

Oh yeah, and there was no country music at that fair. Nothing but loud rock and roll was streaming out of the grandstand.

Choppzs said...

Back aches suck, I hope yours goes away soon. Packing and moving doesn't help much either, so you should go get that massage and relax for a bit! Let Hubs do the work!! lol

momanna98 said...

I have the same problems. We are going to have to move slowing, because I can't be of much use for long. I never had sciatic nerve problem before, it only started with my pregnancys, got worse with each one, and now it's even when I'm not pregnant. Such a pain.