Tuesday, July 24, 2007

School Books

This is what we'll be doing for school this year. Princess is a 2nd grader and Little Man in Kindergarten.

Princess will be using Bob Jones English 2. I was able to purchase everything but the student workbook from eBay for much cheaper! We really enjoy the Bob Jones English. She'll also use their Handwriting and Spelling. I was able to get some of these from eBay also! I'll also start Little Man out with their K5 Beginnings. I will only need to buy the student workbooks for him!

For math I decided to use Math-U-See. I'll start Princess on Alpha so she can better master her math skills and Little Man will begin Primer. I already have the Alpha teacher book, if only I can get my hands on the DVD!

We're all going to be using Apologia's Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day for science. I ordered it from eBay and received it yesterday. I cannot wait to start it as it looks like a lot of fun! For history we'll use The Mystery of History (Vol. 1). I also want my children to learn American history, so I bought (from eBay) the Early American History Primary study guide. I should be able to find most of the books listed at our library. I'm debating whether to buy A Child's Geography as I've heard wonderful things about it and you can purchase it for a fairly reasonable price.

I also have a list of books I'd like to read to my children throughout the year. I have no idea when we'll start school, but we normally don't start until the end of August or early September. The schools down here start Aug. 6, but I certainly won't be following!

5 comments:

Amie said...

I wish I knew what we were doing! I really should sit down and figure that out, it feels like summer just started but it's almost August! :O

Choppzs said...

Uggh, school. Yuck! lol

Anna said...

Aug. 6th huh, the South sure starts early, we started I think the 5th last year, but this year they pushed it to the 20th yay!! I wish I had the motivation to homeschool:)

Risa said...

You've always been so organized! I haven't figured things out exactly...thought I started about a week ago! LOL I was thinking about The Mystery of History also but may go with Truth Quest History instead because like you said, I want the kids to learn American History too.

Jodie said...

I'm impressed by your organization! If they start on Aug 6th, when do they end???

Ugh eye appointments. Between Brian, Brady, and me we have our fair share of fun in that department too.