Friday, July 06, 2007

Bullets


  • Lately Cuddly Boy is heard saying, 'I peed-ed'. He also says underwear, 'Unea' (pretty much take out the consonants in the word). It is so funny hearing kids pronounce words!

  • We had a nice 4th. It rained a good portion of the day and was just a relaxing afternoon at home. That evening we went to a friend's house from our Sunday School class. The kids got to play on a waterslide and we got to fellowship. It was a good time! We tried to see the fireworks but an hour later we decided to leave. I hear they started about the time we left. Oh well.

  • I started reading Pollyanna. Princess wants me to read some of her books. I must admit that I like it. We all need a Pollyanna in our life to bring out the 'glad' in every thing!

  • I have been craving S'mores so yesterday I cooked a couple in the microwave- YUM!

  • We finally joined the ranks and signed up an account with Netflix. With all the movies we seem to rent it seems the most feasible thing to do. It is kinda fun to look online and pick out movies! Then again, I am an internet junkie (there's just SO much to do).

  • It is nice to be done with school. I still try to get a bit of 'learning' in every day. We've been playing games, reading books and going to the library.

  • Last week I received a newborn baby diaper in the mail. This isn't uncommon since I was due with babies in March and August. Normally it makes me mad. This time I held it and just cried. I can't even picture a baby that tiny! Yesterday we went by the cemetery. For the most part I'm doing ok, but always at this time of the month it hits me. Which I know is normal. Next month will be the kicker...August 4th is the day I lost the one and the day I was due with Malachi.

  • Our neighborhood is turning into a hoodlum it seems. Last night kids were shooting off fireworks right in front of our house. First, there was no adult supervising. Second, shoot them off in front of your own house! One time it sounded like one hit the house (it may have). Then somebody rang our doorbell and ran. Zach & I went out and these kids were hiding in the trees across the street. Well, I let them have it! So did Zach! These punks that I think were causing the trouble don't even live on our street! Oh yeah, they were also throwing fireworks at a little 7 year olds face!!! Brats!

  • This past week I cleaned out our closet in the play/school room. I also changed the room around. Since school was done I needed a change. and the closet was a mess! We had a book swap at a Mom's Night Out and I was able to get rid of some things I didn't need (in addition to picking up more books). One book I received was So Much More by Anna Sofia & Elizabeth Botkin!!! The rest were pretty much preschool books to do with Cuddly boy when the other two do school.

Here is the pile of books that I had to go through. Most of these are from Pre-K to 2nd grade!!! Like I needed ALL of those!?!?!

Here is one part of the closet before:

And after:

Before:

After:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow look really impressive, you can come and organize my house, not just a closet! I started clearing out the downstairs and know all of it will not be going back where it came from. Enjoy the clean closet, see how long it will stay that way! lol

Choppzs said...

Yep,we just had a garage sale yesterday, and I cleaned the heck out of our closets too! It's nice when things are all organized!

I love the pics of the kids. They always look like they are so happy!

Anonymous said...

I love before and after shots - yours look great!

I get my DVDs from the library for free....but I have to wait a long time to see them....that's ok tho! ;) I don't watch too many.

Risa said...

Looks like you did a great job! Wanna come help me? :)

I need to clean out too..I was asked today if I had started packing...the house was put on the market today. So I was told if I pack it I have to either put it in the garage or get rid of it. Someone isn't happy with my existence again!

Elizabeth said...

Jamie,

thanks for all the comments you leave on my blog. I'll be thinking of you in August- I always get sad on the date I lost the baby. Did you get your new copy of Above Rubies and see the children Nancy adopted from Liberia? I bet that makes you excited. I'll be praying things go smoothly and quickly for you and your family.

Your kids are so cute and your youngest looks a little mischevious!! I can see it in his eyes. I have two boys like that.