Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back in the South

We made it home! It is good to be back in our own home, but I'm really missing Iowa (am I weird or what)? The south is just so different from the Midwest...I told Zach the south is like a whole different country! But its wonderful to relax in our home and have the space of a house rather than a room!

The other day Cuddly boy was talking about truckers. On the way up I'd told the kiddos how some truckers sleep in their trucks. I guess CB was quite fascinated by that because he remembered on the way back here. Then he said something about how he wants to be a trucker when he gets big. "And you can be a trucker lady and daddy can be a trucker daddy" he said! It was so funny!

We stopped at a Holiday Inn last night. We'd stopped there in Dec. on our way to Michigan and it wasn't bad. I remember the beds were awesome. Well this time it was a completely different story! It felt so nasty and I felt all itchy! I didn't even take a shower in that place but waited until I got home! I hate nasty hotels!

So we decided our house color will be called "Granite". We couldn't pick the wheat, which was what Princess really wanted and I really didn't want a white color. I'm debating whether a black door will look ok now. I have pictures to post of the house we toured but the laptop has a virus I'm trying to fix as I blog. So the pictures will have to wait another day!

Ever since I stepped outside here I've been stuffed up. It is so annoying! I hope it doesn't last and I sure hope I can sleep ok in my own bed and not be too stuffed!

One last important thing...today is my Mom's birthday!!!! Happy birthday Mom!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

DDanielle said...

You're so excited, and that is so cool! I have never been to the south, but just from seeing things on TV and meeting people I imagine it is. I also know NY and LA are different from the midwest. That is what is kind of cool about our country though. No wonder we are so divided politically, lol.

Risa said...

Happy Birthday A. Darlene! We love and miss you lots! :)

Jodie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jamie's Ma! :)