Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two Scares in One Day

Today, despite having company, it was quite the day. First I had some spotting. I'd thought I had some a couple of days ago but just dismissed it. Well, this morning I decided I'd better call the doctor. They gave me the whole rigmarole that since it wasn't bright and all, to just take it easy. Then they said they'd consult a doctor after the phone call, but when I told them of my last pregnancy and asked that they tell my doctor they told him right away and got me an appointment for the afternoon. It was great to have my aunt here to baby-sit (thanks Cindy). Well, I wasn't too concerned about it but a bit, but I've been feeling the little one move so figured all was fine but just wanted that assurance. And of course everything was fine. I really disappointed Zach in not finding out the sex...the baby was in the perfect position... I have my regular ultrasound next week so maybe I'll give in but I love, love, love the surprise at the end.

Well, on my way to the doctors I was driving along about to take my exit when some guy HIT me. I was LIVID and shook up! Then it appeared he was going to drive off. I pulled over right away and called Zach (even before I called the police). I finally saw the guy stop so I went up to where he was. I asked him what he was doing driving off, and I was not too happy when I asked! He claimed he was trying to find a 'safe' place to pull over so he didn't get hit...UH, buddy you just hit me in MY lane on the interstate...what are the chances of getting hit on the side of the road??? Then I called the police and the guy got mad- he just wanted us to settle it ourselves and exchange insurance info (I was not about to give him my info when it was not my fault). Anyway, my Prince Charming finally arrived right after the police. I need to call our insurance in the morning but we better not have to pay a dime since it was totally his fault coming into my lane and hitting me. The drivers side is banged up...not terribly bad but bad enough. Why oh why on our brand new suburban??? And he told the cop, "I just looked up and she was there". Where were you looking before that and how did you all of a sudden end up in my lane??? Anyway, I am fine and that is what matters.

Princess is having a sleepover at Aunt Cindy's. When we drove into the campground to drop them off it was just getting dark and she said, "Oooh its spooky in here". But she is really excited- so excited she forgot to kiss me good-bye and goodnight until I reminded her!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Oh wow! That is quite a day! I'm so glad that you and baby are fine. :)

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD, you are okay! I'm so sorry that you went through that..........I pray that the rest of your pregnancy is wonderfully uneventful, and that the whole process of having your Suburban fixed goes surprisingly smooth, in JESUS Awesome Name----Amen!
Love,
Lynn

Becky Avella said...

I am so thankful you and baby are OK. I am hoping for an uneventful pregnancy for you from here on out.

God Bless!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Praise God for his angels of protection. I am glad it was the truck and not you! Glad the baby is fine too. Praying for you.
Gina

Risa said...

It's a good thing I wasn't with you when that guy hit you - I would have given him a piece of my mind! I hate irresponsible drivers! And then to think he didn't expect you to file a police report!!! Hopefully it isn't a "no fault" state like MI is! I hope everything works out for you guys!

I don't know how you keep so calm with having to go to the DR...I would have been freaking out and the accident would have only added to it. I'm glad everything is fine and I will be praying it stays that way too the end!

Jodie said...

Wow - getting hit stinks. I hope the police report clearly stated that it was not your fault. What a pain in the butt. Glad you and the baby are a-ok.

Good luck to P and her sleepover!

Choppzs said...

Car accidents can be so scary, especially when you are pregnant! Thank goodness everyone is fine and there is just damage to your truck! I know, poor truck, but at least it wasn't a person! lol

Becca said...

So glad you and baby are fine!! Bummer on the brand new vehicle tho!

April said...

I'm so happy to hear you and the baby are fine!

I always had to find out what I was having and admired anyone who can wait!

momanna98 said...

Glad to hear that you and the baby are ok!

Unknown said...

Jeremiah is the same way about finding out gender. We alternated each pregnancy about finding out so we each got our way.