Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tender Hearted Girl


My dear, dear Princess. Today while I was upstairs packing she was in her room listening to one of her Cd's. I don't know what else she was doing, it looked like maybe writing. A while later she came into my room with a paper with tears in her eyes. I had noticed that she had been listening to 'Amazing Grace' repeatedly and wondered about it. It was the song sung at Malachi's funeral and it makes us think of that now. Sure enough she had drawn a picture of Malachi happy and her sad with a broken heart. I saw it and began bawling which in turn made the tears pool from her eyes. It was so sweet. She's got the biggest heart and really misses her dear brother, as do the rest of us.
I'm not sure when I'll be blogging again. I'm really excited to be leaving in the morning to begin this housing journey.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What a sweetheart! Happy house hunting. :D

DDanielle said...

What a wonderful girl. I am so excited to hear about your house hunting!

Risa said...

She is so sweet! Doesn't it make you want them to stay exactly as they are - like never letting them grow up and loose that innocence? :) Though I know it's not possible, it makes me pray all the harder that they don't loose those sweet qualities as they grow and go out into the world on their own.

Kids take loosing a sibling really hard, no matter the circumstances. Luke was just barely 3 when Matt left us. He was only with us for a year and Luke still cries at night for his brother. Sometimes on a weekly basis. And that was almost 5 years ago.

Have a great trip, I hope you find what you are looking for! :)

Jodie said...

She is a doll! Oooo have fun on your trip. Can't wait to hear from you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Good luck in your house search and on the long drive! I hope you guys find the perfect house for the perfect price!