Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Visit to Dr. Buddy

Who, you are asking, is Dr. Buddy? Why its the kids' dentist of course! Princess has had this adult tooth coming in for quite some time. The baby tooth would not loosen up and come out and it had been like this for awhile (she seems to have this problem with some teeth). Last week she managed to hit her mouth on the railing (shouldn't be running on the stairs!). She made that baby tooth go up into her mouth even more! I kept forgetting to call the dentist about it and I wasn't going to at first since they all have check-ups May 1. But I figure I'd better. I preferred for that tooth to be pulled out so the adult tooth can come in better.



Today was the day! She was a bit nervous about it, understandably so. They decided that yes the tooth did need to be extracted. I was relieved, although as I sat there with my daughter in the back I prayed fervently. I wanted her to be okay and wished she didn't have to go through with it! But she was such a trooper and did wonderfully.



Here is her tooth:Notice the small size? Most of her tooth had dissolved and this is what was left! Pretty much it looks like only the part that we could see! It was unreal! I'd never heard of that before! And below you have the cute little treasure box that they put her tooth in!

6 comments:

Erica said...

Cate has been to Dr. Buddy's office too! She saw Dr. Jason, though. They both went to LSU, so of course, that must mean they're super qualified, LOL!

I can't believe how small the tooth is! I've heard of the root absorption, but I didn't know the actual tooth would dissolve!

Laura said...

Now that is interesting! My husband is in dental school...I'll have to tell him about that!

I came over from Christine's blog.:)

Risa said...

I hope she's feeling better today with it gone! I know when my kids had their crowns they were sore for a couple of days - esp. Jozie but she's a bit of a drama queen and can't stand much pain! :)

Jodie said...

Aw the cute little box for her tooth...

Good for H for being brave. :)

Did you ever see my comment on us coming down there? Do you want some visitors?????

Melissa said...

Adam's teeth do the same thing. I think those treasure boxes are cute too.

Amie said...

Wow, that is tiny! At least they probably didn't have to pull very hard.