Saturday, April 19, 2008

We made it

We arrived in Ames yesterday evening but I was too tired to let y'all know! Plus the kiddos were dying to swim in the pool! We had a pretty uneventful drive up but ran into some heavy rain yesterday. I'm assuming that if we'd been awake we would have felt tremors from the earthquake as we were on the border of Arkansas, Missouri and Illinois. I hear they even felt tremors up here in Iowa! Crazy!

We looked at our first batch of homes today. Some we really liked but they were a bit on the steep end of our price range. Some were ok and others we liked. There are about 3 homes currently being built that we really like, but they're a bit small. They are beautiful though, and quite affordable. We will see what tomorrow brings as its another day of looking at homes!

We also get to try our 'new' church tomorrow. I am very excited for this. I've been in touch through email with the pastor's wife for some time and just talked with her on the phone. It will be so nice to finally meet them!

We haven't had much time yet to explore Ames. Zach mentioned doing it tonight but I think I'm too tired. We've got baths to give, clothes to iron and sleep to gain!

Some funnies I wrote down that happened on our ride up:

Princess: Mom, when we go to Iowa house hunting are we going to be on TV like other people? (referring to House Hunters)

Little Man upon seeing round hay bales in Iowa declares: MEATBALLS!!!! I laughed so hard and when I told my mom on the phone I couldn't even talk because I was cracking up so much!

Cuddly boy asked (while playing with his sandals), "Where's our 'now boots?" He cried when I told him there was no snow right now!!! Thursday night when we'd stopped for the night I walked into the room to find him laying in bed with the hotels Bible on his lap!

And a note to my self: don't stop at 'hickville' gas stations. There are not enough regular gas pumps and you will pull up to a diesel not realizing it. The 'regular' pumps will be full...with a whole 2 cars!

7 comments:

momanna98 said...

I was too sound asleep to feel the earthquake, but my mom who was upstairs felt it. I was so bummed. I can't believe how far north people felt it.
It's good that you like most of the houses. We hated most of them. :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good trip!
Happy Hunting!
Gina

Anna said...

Glad you had a safe trip, have fun house hunting, and good luck!

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I am praying for you!! Have a great time and I hope you find the perfect house!

Melissa said...

LOL, happy house hunting for another day!

Jodie said...

Hope you had fun at your new church and house hunting. Sounds like its been a pretty decent trip!

DDanielle said...

I guess some people felt the earthquake here...but I felt nothing. The cat was acting weird all day, but she is 17 years old and senile so its nothing unusual.