Monday, April 07, 2008

Is it really Monday?

***UPDATED TO ADD: It is not a problem of getting a loan...it's just well-meaning people at this point. I'm sure we'll have no problem with obtaining a loan, thankfully!


Today has flown by. If I haven't been teaching a child or throwing a load of laundry in the washer I've been cleaning up or on the phone. I've contacted different lenders in regards to rates and all that fun (NOT) stuff. We need to get pre-approved before we head to Iowa next week. The whole house hunting thing has been rather frustrating, to say the least. Some people seem to think we make poor financial decisions and that we can't even afford to buy a house, or at least one over $100K. Our home when we moved here was over that and we made less money so I really don't see how that is possible, but to each his own. Hopefully tonight we will get online and begin the loan process, or being pre-approved for one. It's been one of those days. At this point I even dread going to Iowa and I just wish we were moving somewhere where there was military housing. I don't see how we are supposed to drastically downsize our living space when our family will be increasing within the next 4 years. Whatever. I'm so tired of it. I just want to be in Iowa, in a house that I like and settled with a new baby. Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed and adamant about the whole thing but I live in my house. It is where I am all day every day. I don't go to work outside of my house. It is my home. Therefore I want it to be a place that I enjoy, one where I feel comfortable in. I know I keep coming back to this house issue but I'm so over it at this point. Hopefully in two weeks we'll know more and I'll be a bit happier about it all.

Cuddly Boy wanted to sleep in underwear last night. Um...he still sleeps with us. So I had to break out the waterproof pad I have plus put two towels down and of course he peed his pants. That's something I won't be doing every night! I can't be waking many times a night using the bathroom myself and then changing him! I know he should be potty trained at night by now but he just can't get it. He also insisted on doing school today and kept breaking out his books. I'm sure he enjoyed mom spending time with him and he did great with shapes, numbers and patterns.

Then they all had to paint today. Yesterday one of Princess' friends brought her a birthday gift, in addition to something for the boys. So all day I was harassed, or rather begged to paint. Finally once school was done (which its really not) they were able to paint. Little Man sure has some artistic abilities, for one of his pictures is awesome! He must take after Zach's side of the family...some of them are pretty artistic.

Ok, off to try to rest or begin dinner or something like that. There is so much to do I can't even think straight. Life is busy!

6 comments:

Amie said...

Due to the whole mortgage industry fiasco, you may find the home buying process quite different this time around. I really hope your trip to Iowa will be a good and productive one.

DDanielle said...

I agree with Amie. You would be surprised how low we will go on our house. We can't list that low (we are working with a builder who makes the decisions) but we may be able to sell that low. However just getting an OFFER..ANY offer is just about impossible. If there is anything you don't like about a house you can more than likely get it fixed/changed before you move in. I guess I am basically saying in this market you could ask for the moon (in additional to $20,000 under list price) and the sellers would be more than happy to comply. If it would help I would give a monthly back rub for 2 years to a buyer if it would sell this house. Just be happy you have the upper hand.

Anonymous said...

It's definitely thanks to the ruined housing market that you're having loan problems....I can totally understand your stress on that account!

Cuddly Boy may just not be matured enough to not pee the bed at night yet. I know some grade school children who still wear pull ups to bed on that account. I don't have that problem with Buddy, tho....now if his sister would just show an interest in the potty I'd be happy!

Jodie said...

Everything will work out with your house and loan, I just know it. Things always end up working out for you guys. :)

Brady didn't sleep in undies at night until he was 4. I think CB is ok...

momanna98 said...

I'll be praying that you find a house you will be comfortable in.
Don't worry if your boy is still wetting at night. Both of my boys wet their beds until 6 years old. It's frustrating. But it's even more frustrating when you are trying to make them stay dry. Yes, there are things to try, but don't get upset if it isn't working. Some kids just don't have the ability to hold it. Eventually, it will taper off, and then stop.

Unknown said...

C.B. is only 3... I'd break out the pull ups. They can be re-used, if he doesn't "use" them. Stuff them under the pillow and pull them out for the next night.

I wouldn't worry about night time wetness until age of 6. We waited, then got a potty pager and it took 2 weeks of wearing that to be successful. So 3... that's normal. (In my opinion!)