Sunday, August 17, 2008

An attempt...

I wanted to take a test run by the new hospital because I had no idea exactly where it was. I was hoping we'd 'pretend' I was in labor. All was going well while Zach drove (and talked on the phone to his brother), until he missed his exit. Then I flipped out! Of course the next one was miles down the road, so 10 minutes later we finally get onto the road we needed to be on! Once we got on the right road it was so easy to find the hospital. It is huge- there are so many different buildings. I knew the one I needed and we finally found it. After figuring in the time we spent 'detouring' it only took about 15 minutes to get there. Not bad at all! Much closer than the hospital in Ames! Now hopefully Zach will have a clue how to get there when the time really comes and I'm in too much pain to direct him! I can't wait for that day!

2 comments:

Mama Podkayne said...

Here's an insider tip. Go into the parking garage at Methodist follow the arrows up to the second/third level and there's a big sign that says MATERNITY- park there. There's a big tunnel bridge thing that takes you right to the labor and delivery floor. Also there are three exits to take off i235- 6/7th street, KEO, OR MLK. All of those go pretty quickly to the hospital.

Anonymous said...

15 minutes is great!
I have really had to pray about the 40 minutes it will take us here in winter to get to the hospital! But I guess the baby is coming either way huh!?!
Glad you are doing better!
Be Blessed,
Gina