Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life in the M household

It's funny how a baby totally changes life like its like they've always been a part of it! And how do you love somebody so much that you just met (even though I carried her for nine months)? And how did I miss her SO much yesterday when I was gone to have my surgery? Well, I guess she's been a part of me since January, so to be apart had me in tears! I'm glad its over with so now I don't have to part with her!

The surgery went well. I was really, really nervous. Zach just dropped me off at the door (who'd wanna haul 4 kids in) but that didn't help the nerves and I was about in tears as I walked in! But I managed to hold it together for the most part! They got me all ready and I had to talk to so many different people about the process. Two nurses were so wonderful to me when they'd realized I just had a baby AND a c-section! That's what really brought the tears on!!! They showed me pictures of the stones and then it was like everyone was staring at me as they waited for the medicine to knock me out. That is so weird, just laying there knowing you're going to be knocked out. I wonder, what happens in those hours of your life that you totally miss??? Next thing I know some guy is talking to me and telling me I'm in recovery. Apparently they were able to blast (through shock waves) both stones and break them up and they took out the stint. I am so thankful!!! I go back for an x-ray and appointment in the middle of September. At times my back is a bit sore in the area where I got 'hit' but its not bad at all (especially since I'm still taking pain meds at times for my other surgery)!

Today Sweet Pea had her first bath. I've got to put more pictures on the computer so once I do I'll share them. She seemed like she was up a lot last night. She only seems to sleep well next to mama or on me. I put her in her cradle all wrapped up and snug but a lot of times she'd squirm and if I gave her her pacifier it'd eventually get spit out and I'd have to keep putting it in. I was so tired!!! I did get a good nap in this afternoon so that was really nice. I feel like I could use another one though.

Today is my birthday. I would totally have forgotten but the kids kept reminding me! They made me cards and other gifts and Zach got me 2 Cd's, a book and a necklace. Part of me is wanting to get out and go out to eat at Olive Garden. It has been months since we've been there and I feel like now that I feel ok I just want to get out and celebrate all the goodness of the past week (and my birthday too). We'll see what happens. A lady from church brought us 'maid rites' and some other food for lunch. I guess they're kinda like sloppy jos (in a way). They were really good and it was a blessing for her to do that.

The kiddos got to play in the pool today. I was going to snap some pictures but I was out cold on the couch! They certainly had fun though (it was the first time they were able to do that since we've lived here).

I am praying for all of my friends down in MS who may be affected by Gustav. Please be safe and I pray it stays away from you all!!! I remember all too well the feeling of preparing for a hurricane....all the uncertainty and unknowns.

Well, I better figure out what we're going to do and either take another nap or get ready for some delicious food! I'll try to put pictures up soon.

3 comments:

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was gonna email you and tell you, but since I was on my blog i figured I just tell you on here. I'm so glad the surgery went well. Hopefully now you will be comfortable and back to Jamie again. Go out and eat, and enjoy your B-Day!

Risa said...

Happy Birthday! We've been camping all weekend so I haven't had a chance to post a birthday greeting - but I didn't forget! :)


I'm so glad that you are home and getting better! I'm also glad that you don't have to worry about a hurricane after having 2 surgeries in a week and having a new Sweet Pea! :)

Love you guys!

Christine said...

I am so glad that your surgery went well. I had thought about how hard it would be to part from little dearie, during your surgery. I am so glad it is over, for you! Praying that you will have complete healing, soon! Enjoy your cuddlebug!