Saturday, August 09, 2008

Successful Saturday

I must say that today has been quite the successful day. Thanks to the 'drugs' I was able to get out of the house! Zach took the boys fishing and Chatterbox and I went shopping for dresses for her and baby items. I wanted to hit the local thrift stores. First we went to the Salvation Army one and weren't there even 5 minutes. All the children's clothes were bunched together, not even categorized into sizes and I wasn't about to go through it all. After that we went to the Goodwill. It was a little more organized but I admit I found one more thing I miss about Mississippi (SHOCK, I know). I miss America's Family Thrift Store! I think there's one in Des Moines so I'll have to find it sometime, along with Once Upon a Child. But we have a local baby/children's consignment store so we went there next and I hit the mother load! I spent $60 and got like 15 things! Most brand names, all in excellent condition! I was so excited!

I took Chatterbox to lunch and while we were eating Junior Squirrel called excited as could be, "I caught two fish!!!!!!" It was so exciting to hear him so thrilled and I was proud of him! I guess by the time they came home Zach caught about 4 and all Booty Shaker caught was a branch;) They had a good time though and what a wonderful way for them all to 'bond'!

Chatterbox and I then went to a local 'teacher type' store. It reminded me a lot of one I'd gone to in Mobile. They had so many cool things! I will definitely be back there! I didn't buy anything although I was tempted to.

Off to Super Target to try to find some receiving blankets for baby and dresses for Chatterbox. Online Target has so many dresses but the store had like 2 and they were UGLY! I bought more baby items and we went to Kohl's where CB found 1 dress. I'd like to hit TJ Maxx but by that time I just had to come home and relax a bit! I may resort to buying dresses for her online but she's so tall that I'd really like her to try them on first. The dress she got is a 10 and fit her perfectly!

We came home and moved the baby cradle from the basement to our room. Most of the baby things are washed and I'm trying to get organized. I know I still have time but I figure since I feel good I better do it. Once I have all the clothes and blankets washed I can figure out what I still need. It is hard to get organized with baby stuff when I don't have a lot of space to put it. With the other kiddos I could use the changing table, closet space and the baby's dresser. So I'm trying to work with what room I have and figure out what to do! But its fun stuff! It is fun to prepare for a new baby. I'm REALLY hoping it really is a girl or I think our boy will be dressed in nothing but pink!

Yesterday was also successful. I brought all my 'forms' into the local school office stating that I'm homeschooling. I was able to clean up the house a bit and water our 'golden' lawn (as Chatterbox called it). A sweet family from church brought us the most delicious dinner. We are reading the book, "Minn of the Mississippi". Some parts the kids seem enthralled in, others it seems they care less! So I decided we'd do a project. I printed up a turtle, they colored it, we glued it to cardboard and cut it out. Then they painted a box that will be the turtles habitat. I think I'll have them make trees or whatever else they'd like to go in the box. It was fun and we enjoyed ourselves (especially the boys whose hands were COVERED in paint)! Junior Squirrel hurt his toe last night. Poor boy's toe nail was just hanging off! I've never had that happen but I imagine it hurts! So Zach took it all off and its bandaged up. He's as good as new now;)

Did you have a successful weekend? What did you do?

7 comments:

Angie said...

Very successful weekend!! So happy for you~sounds like you and Chatterbox had a wonderful Mom & Daughter day out.

Baby day is getting close for you!! I cannot wait!

Erika said...

Glad to hear you a feeling better. Thank God for good drugs! You had a much more productive weekend than I did.

Erika

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you're doing better. You had a rough go of it for a while. Maybe things will settle down until the baby comes. How exciting! Enjoy every minute, before and after! Preparing for a baby is so much fun, isn't it? God bless.

Oh yeah, our church is sponsoring a family camp with Nancy Campbell and her husband next May! We're so excited!

Amie said...

Whew! Thank goodness for pain pills, huh? :D

Risa said...

Wow! It sounds like you are feeling much better! :) I'm happy to hear it! :)

jljdcraig4 said...

We did have a successful weekend, thanks. :-) I'll probably make a photo blog about it later today.

I'm so glad that you'll be switching Dr.s. It 'sounds' like the one you had has been so uncaring. :-( There is no reason for you to be in so much pain that you can't function.

I'm glad that you are enjoying Iowa, for the most part, and will continue to pray for you.......
Be blessed,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you had a productive weekend! I have been so tired with the pregnancy I know it can be frustrating not to get the things done that you need too!
I am with you on the America's Thrift Store - we have been out of MS for 3 years now and I still miss them!
God Bless,
Gina