Saturday, August 16, 2008

Conversations with Chatterbox

Last night Chatterbox and I went out to Chinese. I think she was expecting a buffet, but thankfully it wasn't. I'm not keen on buffets and preferred to just sit for awhile. We had a great time and wonderful conversation. I love going out with my daughter! I had asked her what we would do if they baby is a boy (I keep wondering now) and asked what we should name it if it were. She said the name of one of my ex-boyfriends and I told her that we couldn't name him that! So she got to asking questions, like if I kissed him. I was honest and told her yes, but that its best to save your kiss for your husband. Then she asked how I kissed him! She asked if I put my leg up when we kissed!!! I think that was in one of the Princess Diary movies, where Mia kissed a guy and put her leg up behind her as she kissed him, so I'm assuming Chatterbox thought that! I couldn't stop laughing about it!

Last weekend when I took her out I'd asked her something about her Barbies and she told me that sometimes when Booty Shaker plays with them he'll have them be naked and on top of each other (or something to that effect). I told her she didn't need to play with her Barbies that way (she insisted she didn't) and that that is only ok if a man and woman are married. She was really shocked about that and wondered about it. She apparently thought that its not ok for a husband and wife to see each other naked. Then she said how she never sees daddy & I like that and I had to explain to her that people need to do that stuff in private! It was hilarious!

I'm so glad she's still so naive to it all! I still can't believe she hasn't wondered where babies truly come from. But its all ok to me!!! The more 'innocent' she is to it all the better for now;) I'm sure the time will come soon enough.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

That day will come soon where you will have to explain to her the birds and bees.

Becca said...

You have the added benefit of homeschooling....it seems like kids learn much more than you'd like them to learn at schools these days.

Risa said...

LOL Jozie likes that Princess Diaries movie too!

Why is it the boys that come up with that kind of stuff? Luke does it too and I have to explain it all over again to him...so when his friend Joey says or does something that Luke deems wrong he says, "Aaaa, Joey! That's just inappropriate!" LOL

Amie said...

Did you put your leg up...ROFL