Monday, August 18, 2008

blessings

Today I was so blessed to be able to really relax. Zach had today off, but better than that (sorry hon) our Pastor's wife paid for a massage therapist she knows to come to my house and give me a massage. It was so wonderful! The guy is a Lutheran pastor (what a combination, huh) and was so nice. At first I felt weird with another person massaging me (I thankfully DIDN'T have to undress) but soon I was so relaxed as he worked out kinks and all. Then tonight I was really hurting (I figured out the right side of my back hurts so bad because the baby is really laying on that side) so I took a nice, long bath. It felt so good and I was so relaxed! I didn't have any pain until I sat down again and now my back is starting to hurt again. It was nice to lie in the tub and just pray to God about my pain, the baby, labor and all that.

Yesterday evening I was having a lot of Braxton hicks contractions. They were like 5 minutes apart from one another! I hope my body is preparing to have this baby! We're all so ready to meet our new blessing. I even packed what I could of my hospital bag tonight!!! Oops, gotta charge the camera batteries though!

4 comments:

Risa said...

You'll have to pack the laptop and have Zach make real time updates on your blog so we know what's happening! Get Twitter and show him how to use it! LOL :)

Kathryn Caldwell said...

What a nice thing for your pastor's wife to do! I am so glad you have found a wonderful church family already- what a blessing! You should have told Zack to watch the therapist carefully and then he could repeat the massage later :). I had a free massage once when I worked at a gym in college and it was great, so I can imagine it was awesome when you're pregnant. It won't be long before your sweet girl is here! I am so excited for you. Oh yes, I looked at the house photos- it looked really nice- hopefully the contractors will take care of those problems you mentioned. We've been having a lot of rain here, hope you guys have had some sun! :-)

Jodie said...

LOL Just got caught up on all of your posts. Yikes on your and CB's conversation!

momanna98 said...

Oh! A massage! How wonderful!
Hope the next month flies by!
N is in 1st grade, but he is doing 2nd grade math.