Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Watch too many movies?

Well apparently I do (though not as much as my husband). I can't believe I forgot to blog about this!

The other night I just could not sleep (what else is new) and I thought I'd try the couch once again. When I came down and plugged in my heating pad I noticed tail lights outside in a driveway across the street. Weird, it was almost 3 am. The people had just moved in, but the house was dark. When I looked closer I saw the lights on. I lay down and tried to sleep. When I got up to use the bathroom I noticed the lights were STILL on! It was like an hour later! And the lights looked quite dimmer. My first thought was somebody was trying to commit suicide! I think I posted over a year ago that they'd found a woman down the road from us who had done this and that was all I could think about.

I contemplated what to do. Go over and look, call the police, wake up Zach? I finally thought I would wake Zach and he thought it quite weird as well. He didn't want to go over for fear of finding a dead body. Finally we decided to call the police to check things out. FORTY minutes later they finally come (I'm NOT out in the country that it had to take that long). We watched out of the windows as the cop shined his flashlight on the car, tried to open the door, etc. The windows were quite fogged up. He stepped to the end of the driveway and talked into his radio. I was like, "OH no...he's calling in for help" but then he got in his car and left!?! A few minutes later we get a call from the police...apparently the people just left their lights on. Do you know that that NEVER occurred to me???? I think I've watched one too many movies or something!


********
An update on me. Yesterday I talked to the urologists nurse and apparently my back pain was my sciatic nerve. I've had problems before but really didn't think it was that. I was able to voice concerns and ask questions about when I get the stint removed. I lay on the couch all day trying to just get rid of the pain however I could. I decided to call a midwife to see what she would recommend for me to do with the stones, sciatica, pain, etc. She was helpful (and very harsh)! She told me to drink like a whole milk jug of water a day (and I'm tyring). I wasn't eating very well for awhile because of the pain and all and she pretty much scolded me. So I forced myself to cook dinner and even made myself a healthy breakfast. Last night I slept a little better, though was up peeing all the time, at least I wasn't in the pain I was in the night before. So, I'm really going to force myself to eat (even when I don't feel like it), to drink lots of water and hopefully I continue to feel better. I felt good all morning until I got out of the shower...crazy how it seems that can really wear me out!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Funny about the car....I'd be wondering what was going on too!

That sounds like way too much water....I wouldn't drink more than you feel comfortable consuming. Did you ever hear about that radio station that had the contest for drinking water and the winning person actually died from drinking too much? It was maybe a year or so ago...

Mama P said...

You should get a 2 liter jug and fill it so you know how much you are drinking each day. This is so gross to talk about, but normal urine output for a normal healthy person is 1.5 liters a day. Your kidneys are trying to clean out, so with you being pregnant and peeing alot, it is probably more. It is recommended that women have 2.2 liters of fluid intake a day esp during pregnancy, 3 for men. Not getting enough fluid can definately intensify your pain.

Im glad you called the midwife, it sounds like she was an encouragement, and I hope your pain continues to get better!

Mama P said...

Oh, and to ease any worry, it really isnt the amount of water you drink, it is the time in which you drink it. Drinking liters of water within 15 minutes can kill you because your body cannot maintain the fluid balance in the cells(dry drowning)...but drinking 6-8 ounces every few hours gives your body time to process.

Can you tell I miss being in the medical field? Isaac doesnt find it interesting when I talk to him about these things. He only cares about Barney really.