Friday, August 22, 2008

Weights

Still weighing my options. Here's the latest. Saw the urologist this morning. Very nice. Had to take the kids and he didn't mind in the bit (sometimes you never know). He said that when I'm in the hospital he will come and get me a CAT scan so he can see what's going on with the stones and we'll deal with them and the stent from there. It's uncertain at this point (because he hasn't seen the x-rays of them) if it will be done while I'm still there but it looks hopeful. Praise the Lord!

While I was there my OBs office called. I guess that if everything looks ok on the amnio they can do the c-section at lunchtime on Monday!!!! Holy smokes!!! I dropped my records off at the office I go to on Monday for the amnio and they were real nice and told me what happens and all. That whole hospital complex is HUGE! There are so many different buildings- it is so easy to get lost in that place! It's very nice though. For some weird reason I like hospitals. Maybe because at one point I wanted to work in one. They have a children's hospital too and we had to walk through part of it. It was so neat and cute, the different things they had.


I came home and installed the car seat. I will have to make sure everything is packed up and ready on Monday morning when I head out. As long as everything looks fine on the ultrasound and amnio I think I'll be holding our precious baby on Monday. Unless the Lord maneuvers me in a different direction in a big way.

7 comments:

Jodie said...

WOW!!!! Going to have to stay tuned for sure! Will you send me your new address? I don't have it anymore. Thanks!

Amie said...

Are the chances good that the lungs will be ready at this point?

Jamie said...

The reason I'm getting the amnio is to make sure the lungs and everything else will be developed. If not I won't be having the baby that day! I want to make sure the baby will be A-OK before I decide to have her!

Amie said...

Sorry, my question didn't come out right...I meant statistically what are the chances that the amnio will show the lungs are mature at this point?

Anonymous said...

How Exciting! I will be praying for you and the baby. Can't wait to find out if she will be here monday!

Jamie said...

I asked the same thing and they couldn't really give me a statistic. Some babies lungs are developed at 35 weeks and some not until 39 weeks they said...so we'll see... Wish I knew more!

Elizabeth said...

Jaime,
Sounds like you're ready to be done with this pregnancy! Boy do I know that feeling! And after all that you've been through, how can anyone blame you?? I just want to give you something to think about. If you have this baby c-section, you most likely will have to have every other baby you have c-section. I didn't realize that when you've had two c-sections, doctors won't let you even try for a VBAC, when I made the decision to have my second c-section. I'm not sure that I'd have done anything differently, but I would have liked to know.

Pray, pray, pray! God will give you peace about your decision.

Either way, I'm anxiously looking forward to hearing about your great news, soon!