Thursday, August 14, 2008

More pregnancy stuff

Well, I have an appointment with my new doctor next week. I've heard good things about him so I'm looking forward to it. BUT I guess they will not induce, unless I want to have a c-section. They won't induce on VBACs. I was really hoping I could just get a 'date' so I could arrange for child care, my mom to be here, etc. Oh well, I need to remember that God knows when the baby's time is to come and rely on Him to provide for our needs. These goofy rules and laws are so irritating though. No wonder people homebirth!!!!

I can't believe I'm almost 35 weeks. I will have to take a picture of my belly soon as it seems even bigger, although I only gained 1 pound in 2 weeks. I've been feeling more pressure and have had other issues. Not sure if time is getting closer or if I've now got a yeast infection. It will be such a relief to have this baby!!!

I've been in more pain lately than I was when I left the hospital last week. I have more pain meds, but she sure didn't give me much so I'm trying to withhold from using them. But its miserable to sit here in pain and be fearful of going anywhere!

Sorry if this post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I've got a lot of distractions right now. Oh and I got my diaper bag in the mail from Amie! She also made an adorable dress and a beautiful quilt. I was almost crying as I saw it all! Thanks Amie! Maybe she'll post pictures on her sewing blog, so be sure to check and see!

5 comments:

Amie said...

I will post those on my sewing blog when I get a minute.

Lots of places will not induce a VBAC. I was surprised they induced Jonah, but I was practically 42 weeks before they would do it.

MapleCottage said...

I have had 2 induced vbac's.. Mainly because im a diabetic and they were more concerned about the placenta breaking down. I had NO problems with either one.. All of our local hospitals have now gone no vbac also.. I do not know yet what we will do if the Lord blesses us again.. Hugs!

Mama P said...

I wouldnt WANT an induced VBAC. Esp knowing that your uterus is at risk for rupture from your previous section. I know your reasons for wanting to be induced though, so I pray that somehow your pain will ease up enough for you to make it into labor on your own!

Hey...if I can wait this long to actually GET pregnant, you can make it a couple more weeks!!! (think of it that way. In 2 weeks you are full term and could go into labor at any time!!!)

Anonymous said...

Your post made perfect sense!
With all you have going on I wonder at you still posting at all:) Praying for you and can't wait to see pictures of the new blessing! You can do it - you are almost there! And you are absolutely right, leave it in Father's hands, he knows just how to work everything out for our good.
Gina

Christine said...

Hi Jamie!
I know it is nice to have a date for babies birth, but it can be dangerous for you and the baby to have an induced VBAC. The risk of uterine rupture is much higher if you are induced. The doctor sounds like he is looking out for you. :) I am glad that you found a doctor who would respect your wish to VBAC. Praying that everything goes great for you!