Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Newest Blessing


Abigail Hope (aka Sweet Pea) was born yesterday at 1:23 via c-section. She weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and is 17 1/2 inches long. She is tiny yet has chubby cheeks! She reminds me a lot of what Booty Shaker looked like as a baby.


I had my amnio and it went fine. I don't really know what the big deal is with them...it really wasn't bad at all. First they did an ultrasound and we met with the doctor and she explained everything and answered our questions. Then right before I got SO nervous I was crying a bit! But it is all ultrasound guided and so quick and painless. Really, the anticipation is the worst. Of course you worry about baby too, but they found a pocket away from her and everything went well.


I was then sent up to Labor & Delivery to be monitored and await the results. It was the longest hour of waiting and I just prayed that everything would work out according to God's plan. The nurse came in and said, "You're having a baby today!" I just started to cry I was SO excited! Wasn't nervous about it at all!!! I didn't think my doctor would do the section because it was getting to be past lunchtime, but he came for 1 pm and did it. From what the nurses and all were saying he's very good at it. With my section with Chatterbox I don't remember feeling a thing, but this time I could feel tugs and all that. And I could move my legs way quicker than I had with CB.


They had to put Abby on oxygen for awhile (I think maybe off and on for a half an hour) and they took her to the nursery to monitor her so I really didn't get to see her until just after 4!!! THEN she didn't nurse until after 7! I was a bit ticked about that, but they were wanting to monitor and make sure was was ok and she's been just fine. Nursing is going great. The first few times it took quite awhile to get her to latch on (she just wanted to sleep) but the past couple of times she did great. She is so sweet and adorable. It is unreal to me that I am holding this gift that I carried for what seemed like so long. I am very thankful for everybody's prayers and congrats (and thanks Angie for posting a quick update).


I had my CAT scan done this morning nice and early (gotta love how they wake you up early)! Still waiting to hear what the word on that is but the OB said they can go ahead and do what they need to to remove the stones and stint. I sure hope they're able to take care of it today or tomorrow. I'll be here in the hospital until Thursday I think they said.


Today I will have to get up and walk around more and I'm hoping they can take the catheter and IV out soon! It sure will help with moving around! I have some pain but it hasn't been too bad. My uterus is still contracting when I nurse (probably because I haven't done it too much yet) but I'm hoping it will get to 'normal' soon. It is weird not to have such a big belly anymore!


So I suppose you would like to see some pictures? Alright, here they are! Enjoy!

20 comments:

Amie said...

Pics! She is beautiful, and quite filled out for being so tiny!

Christine said...

I loved the pictures, Jamie! She is a doll! I love her darling hair.You are so blessed! Beautiful name for a beautiful blessing!

Becki said...

I love her name. Abigail is my daughter's name, Hope is my firstborn's name(She's in Heaven). She is beautiful. Thankyou for sharing the pics. I pray for a quick recovery.

Angie said...

Sooo precious!! I am sitting here in tears of joy~my heart is so happy for you! I cannot wait to meet Abby, might be making a special trip in Sept to come snuggle with her.
Congrat's!!!

Jodie said...

AWWW!!! Cute! Congratulations! Wow, how wonderful that everything turned out so well!

Kim said...

Congratulations! She is so precious. You look wonderful. I pray you have a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I love the looks on the kids faces when they are holding her - too cute!
Glad all went well.
God bless you and your new arrival abundantly!
Gina

Risa said...

She's perfect! We can't wait to meet her! Congratulations! :)

Anna said...

Awww she's beautiful:) Congratulations!!!

DDanielle said...

Very very sweet. The tugs are so strange to feel during a section. So glad you have your little sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jamie!! She is beautiful, and she had a really good weight so she was ready to be born. I'm glad it's all over for you...well, almost anyway.
Sherry Strack

Laura said...

Abigail is beautiful!! And I love her name. :) Congratulations!!

missy said...

Congats dear friend. She is beautiful.
Love,
Missy

Mama P said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful! I hope they get your stones taken care of tomorrow!

Elizabeth said...

Yea! She's wonderful. Enjoy her, every minute and take it easy while you recover. I'm so glad for you and your sweet family. Looking forward to more pictures in the days and months ahead!

Shari said...

YEAH!! She is so beautiful. Awesome job and great pics!!

April said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Angel at Aduladi' said...

CONGRATS!! Now you have to update your side bar to give her her "blog place of honor, LOL!"

Enjoy your sweet new addition!

momanna98 said...

Congrats! What a cutie! I am so happy you have your baby!

Melissa said...

congratulations, she is BEAUTIFUL!!