Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bye Bye to Internet

This is the last time I'll probably be able to blog until at least Sunday. That's the day we're supposed to get hooked up with internet (weird that its on a Sunday). I am not complaining though, I am SO thankful that tomorrow is THE day! It seemed like it would never get here and here we are. I probably really won't be able to sleep tonight. I get to wake up early to go and pick up my mom. Thankfully she will be here for the closing so she can watch the kids while we take care of that.

We had our walk-through today and marked the areas that need touch-ups and all. They were sodding when we left, thankfully. They'd told us they wouldn't be able to get to it before we closed but now it looks like its all good. There are a few other things to be done that will hopefully be done by closing. I will drive by there after I pick up my mom since we drive right by there anyway. It was nice to see that things were actually done that weren't done the last time we were in there- they must have worked last night or earlier today. We still need our new door and railing up on top but they said those should get done in time. The thing with VA loans is you can't escrow, so we have to pay them upfront or not close. Well we all know we want to close, and I trust that it'll all be done. It is such a relief!

So tomorrow will be a day of picking up mom, closing on the house and shopping for food and some things needed for the house.

FYI, don't buy from Home Depot. That was the cheapest place we found a fridge but we've had issues. They weren't friendly when we purchased it and asked questions about their sheds. When I called today to ask when they're delivering our fridge today the DELIVERY department couldn't tell me when they'd deliver it. I got transferred back and forth to them and Services. Then the phone rang at least 20 times and I hung up and we turned around and went to ask them. They are unable to deliver the fridge INSIDE of the house because of liability!!!! I have never heard of anything so stupid. So they told Zach he could go in and buy a dolly and bring it back after we get our fridge. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

7 comments:

Erica said...

Soooo...I just thought you weren't blogging at all. Your feed no longer updates on my reader (I guess because it's invite-only?) so I figured you were taking a break while moving. Imagine my surprise when I check the blog itself to see what's going on and see that you have, in fact, been writing.

I have a lot of catching up to do!

momanna98 said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new house! That whole can't bring it in the house thing??? VERY stupid.

Melissa said...

That is retarted about the Home Depot delivery thing! CRAZY!!

Have fun buying things for your new house!

Beth said...

YIPPEE! Today is the day! I'm excited for you guys to get settled into your new home.

That is really stupid that H.D. won't deliver the fridge and put it IN the house. Maybe you can "sweet talk" the delivery team when they arrive.

Amie said...

Hopefully, your all closed and moving in by now!

jljdcraig4 said...

I'm so happy for you that things are coming together; right on time, too, Praise GOD!

It sounds like the folks at Home Depot have lack of intelligence issues, I'll remember to avoid them when we get back in the States...........here we have weird homestores like "Homeac", "Sanwaedo", and "Sunday", and they have quirky things that normally aren't in a home store. Anyway, I'll save all that for my blog. lol

Be blessed, Jamie, & family!
Lynn

Angel at Aduladi' said...

That is odd about delivery! We bought our fridge at HD as well, but they delivered it right on time, brought it in, plugged it in, cleaned it up (the protective plastic), etc.

My guess is that they contract out deliveries and the contractors do things :their way". That seems so silly! Who wants a fridge out on the porch?